• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create a 5-10 min complex animation in Adobe Animate without it crashing?

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing a really irritiating problem here. I've finally learned the techniques necessary to create animations of a style I had in mind for a project I'm working on. I thought Adobe Animate would be suitable. But unfortunately, I'm not even half-way through one of the animations (I've animated 4 scenes, in total approx 2 min) and its crashing every time I try to preview or export it. It is complicated, with many symbols and layers... But it's organised and it's as complicated as it needs to be. It's not 'messy'. There are motion tweens, symbols comprising of 'puppets' with nested groups; I haven't even added sound yet... But that level of complexity is what I need. Is Adobe Animate the wrong programme to use? Have I wasted my time and money? Is there a way around this irritiating block?

Many thanks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

I ended up having to simplfy some of the moving background elements... Rather than having many symbols moving independently in the background, I goruped them as one symbol that I can paste once; prior to this I just copied and pasted elements repeatedly to cover the background as needed But I realised that this was too heavy for the program. So, more efficient with symbols is the solution that worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how much ram do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export it in parts and then edit it together in adobe premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have to do this, I shall resort to it; I'd rather avoid the hassle if possible. But it's a back-up plan, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the way it's done for almost all animation studios. We never ever had a single FLA document for anything longer than 30-60 seconds. It's a file management issue as well as simply a better way to work - especially with a team. Much easier to divide your project into scenes or shots and have dedicated documents just for those shots - export them to video and then stitch together in Premiere Pro or similar.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll proceed in that way in that case, thanks for the insight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this problem figured out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up having to simplfy some of the moving background elements... Rather than having many symbols moving independently in the background, I goruped them as one symbol that I can paste once; prior to this I just copied and pasted elements repeatedly to cover the background as needed But I realised that this was too heavy for the program. So, more efficient with symbols is the solution that worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not too "heavy for the program", it was too "heavy for your computer".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What spec computer should I use for it to work smoothly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test a few, for example, by enlisting friends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What spec do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

most importantly, 32 gb ram:

kglad_0-1676298642893.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a helpful insight for the future. I'll see about locating a device with 32GB of RAM for a smoother experience. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having some difficult crashing. Nothing out of the ordinary other than I will do some work, sometimes fairly simple. And it just crashes. The recovery file comes up and mostly the file is there but the work i have done as of recent is gone. I have not got a real take on why it is doing this so if there are some steps to alleviate, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.
MacBook Pro
3.5 Ghz dual-processor
16GB 2133 MHz
Ventura 13.6.3
mac.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

check your ram usage to see if that's the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines