• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I install flash extensions in animate? (on a Mac)

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Im not sure I this is the correct place to post this question (sorry if not)

I was wondering if anybody could help me?   Back in the day I used a couple of very useful extensions in flash that allowed me to swap multiple movie clips at once and toggle guide layers in bulk.   Since extension manager is no more I don't seem to be able to use them with Animate

would anybody know if there's a way?

many thanks for your help!

Nick

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Yes, that works. It did \n't work in Flash Pro CS6, so I'm not sure when it got added in. Select the layers, right-click, and select Guide. If any layers are already guide, the remaining layers will become guide. If they are all guide, they will all unguide.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the extensions you're trying to use haven't been updated for your version of animate, you may not be able to use them.

but, if they are compatible, here's how Install extensions in Adobe Animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eek - im not sure they're compatible :-/. 

Would anybody know if there's anything similar out there?

One extension allowed me to select a bunch of layers and toggle all of their 'guide' status at once. The other allowed me to select multiple symbols in a timeline and 'swap' them for another symbol in the library.

They were soooo useful

thanks for any help!

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have them installed for Flash? In that case you should be able to copy the commands files from the Flash folder.

This is the path to the commands folder for Animate CC should be: /Users/<Username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Animate CC\ <year>/<language>/Configuration/Commands\

And the path to the commands folder for flash should be: Users/<Username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash CC/<language>/Configuration/Commands

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the multiswap one - it downloads an extension file - am I able to use it? http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Plugins/Multi-Swap.shtml

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know that feature was added to Flash Pro a while ago? You may not need the extension anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice! 🙂 where do I find it?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the many symbols are on the current frame, select them all and click the Swap button in the Properties panel.

If they are in different parts of the timeline, turn on Edit Multiple Frames, then select them, and click the Swap button.

If they are all over the place, even inside other symbols on the stage, use the Find and Replace from the Edit menu, do a find for the symbol you want to replace, use Find All to get a list of all of them, then in the replace menu choose the symbol to replace with, and click Replace All.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

works just how I'd expect!  thanks. Any ideas if there's anything like the guide toggle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does guide toggle do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically allows you to select multiple layers and toggle guide/unguided them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that works. It did \n't work in Flash Pro CS6, so I'm not sure when it got added in. Select the layers, right-click, and select Guide. If any layers are already guide, the remaining layers will become guide. If they are all guide, they will all unguide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same on my side. I had a bunch of those extensions very useful in animation.  But I can't find anywhere how to synchronise a bunch of keys when I have them in graphic mode and I want to synchronise them to the right frames, for the animation inside that movie clip. I have to go back to each key and set at what frames it should be read when set to ''read once''    anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines