• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make an animation project with more than 16,000 frames?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

So, I have a question. I want to make my animation in 60fps, sync with a music, which is about 4 ~ 5 minutes long. I calculated the amount of frames needed and it's about over 17000 frames.

Can somebody demonstrate how to extend the 16000 frames limit in one FLA? Without lowering the fps please? I already read some of the methods that were being discussed but a lot left me even more confused.

(If you could reply as a video or images, I will be very grateful.)

TOPICS
How to , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

extending beyond 16k frames is easy.  just use two movieclips of 8.5k frames each (or any combo of movieclips and frames that total what you need).

your problem is going to be sync'g your sound from one movieclip to the other.  that can be done but, as far as i know, that can only be done with code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the frame limit advice. I also noticed that sync'g the song to another movieclip is the real problem now.

As you mentioned, it can only be done with some code. Can you tell me what it is and how to implement them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know anything about code, but a rather crude way to sync up would be to import the completed clips into Premier, then import the original song as a separate audio track.  You could then nudge the clips until they matched up with the song, and either delete the imported song (or perhaps the sound from the individual clips, leaving the separate audio track).  I'm not on the latest version of Animate so I'm not the best person to contribute, but I've used similar plans in the past.  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i don't know a quck way to do that, and the only free advice i offer on the adobe forums is stuff that takes me a few minutes to write.  for anything more time-consuming (and this would be qualify), i would charge $.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious what will you play back the 60 fps animation on? Two other options for high frame rate video would be either 48 or 50. Both would be pretty smooth, and would take your animation to below 16000 frames.

Another option would be to export shorter sections, and combine them with After Effects or Premiere.

If you do the multiple movieclip solution, read my Feb 27th reply (about half way down the page) in this topic, where I give the ActionScript needed to get the animation to go on to the next movieclip:

what-is-the-frame-limit-in-adobe-animate/td-p/9172449 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Colin Holgate, from your other thread, i just responded to the op's post there:

"the code solution for using multiple movieclips AND sync'g with sound, is not given in this thread."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed. I added the suggestion to have each MovieClip include an edit of the overall sound, so that only the sound for that part of the animation is included inside the MovieClip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i believe there will be a noticeable transition in the sound unless code is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try doing some of them.

The reason I wanted to make the project in 60fps is because I don't usually see it and thought what would it be like making one.

If you wonder what will I play on this animation, it's this song https://youtu.be/B7xai5u_tnk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would break it up into different sections and build them in separate Animate files. then I would export them all and load them up in premiere, then edit them together and export as one big file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to follow your advice but I didn't have adobe premiere.

(my budget is kinda low recently)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you would have AME with your Animate-only subscription, right?

See if this works for you:

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines