• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you import fonts to adobe animate??

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I am trying to import a font to Adobe Animate . All i saw for  instructions was the screenshot, and frankly this doesnt make any sense or match up. I see no 'Add font' anywhere.  Any help is much appreciated!

Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 6.13.32 PM.png

 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Do you want the font for design only? If so, the font should only be installed in your operating system and Animate will load it.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers

! Wanted it for Adobe Animate actually. I bought a font from some second party font website, thougth there would be an area where i could import into Adobe,, dont see anything, there is a little symbol of the world where it seems like i could import something like this but it is grayed out.   I am trying to figure how to install the font on my computer , it just landed on my desktop as a zip file which i have opened into a normal blue folder, and now it just sits in there. But not even sure how to install that into the operating system, apologies a bit of an amateur. Thanks even this far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have the font, install it in your os.  if will appears in the font dropdown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

below character is the dropdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click the text tool and create a textfield. in the properties panel you can import adobe and google fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks.

But when i go into Properties... I dont see any option to import ? Where is
this option?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with textfield selected do you see the font panel?  icon (disc) to the right in thd panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. Im not sure.

This is all i see!

Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 7.04.08 PM.png

 Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the properties menu i mean....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your screenshot is showing the font dropdown between character and embed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kglad_0-1675342673888.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I think it's good to clarify the use of fonts in Animate.

There are two main scenarios: design time and run time.

Design time: this is when we need the font in the text fields while designing in Animate's IDE.

Requirements:
- The necessary fonts need to be installed in the operating system. One way to install a font is to double-click on the font file and follow the instructions. This method should work for both Windows and Mac. You may need to restart Animate;
- Select a text field, open the Properties panel (Ctrl/Cmd + F3) and choose the font family from the dropdown menu under the Character section.

Run time: this is when we publish/export the FLA content to some interactive output. Example: .html/.js, .swf, .air, .exe.

Requirements:
- For fonts to be required at runtime, text fields need to be of dynamic (AS3 and HTML5 Canvas) or input (AS3 only) type. For static texts, we don't need the fonts at runtime. But in all cases we need the fonts at design time;
- AS3 documents: it is necessary to embed the fonts by selecting the dynamic/input text field, opening the Properties panel (Ctrl/Cmd + F3) and clicking on the Embed button under the Character section;
- HTML5 Canvas documents: (a) you need to use a web font by selecting the dynamic text field, opening the Properties panel (Ctrl/Cmd + F3) and clicking the button with a small globe icon next to the font families dropdown menu under the Character section, (b) selecting a font available on the operating system (which may or may not be available for the user's system) (c) or by using the @Font-face CSS rule to include any necessary font files.

I hope it helps to clarify most doubts.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines