I was about to save an animation I have been working on for really long, but as it saved, Adobe Animate froze my whole screen. I resorted to "turning it back off and on again" since I know nothing about technology, and now it's gone. I had to be an idiot and not save so now I'm relying on auto save to undo my mistakes.
I work in Adobe Animate 2020
I'm sorry about this.
There are basically three things you can try:
- Search for the auto-recovery FLA files that Animate creates like described here;
- Try to recover deleted files from the file system in the Recycle Bin / Trash or by using softwares like Recuva;
- Decompile the most recent exported SWF.
Please tell us if any of these methods could solve your problem or if you still need help.
1. I found a recovery file using the directory path given, but when I tried opening it, it had an error while opening
I thought maybe where the file was mattered so I used the original file but it had an error again
2. I found the Recuva software and started it. It has scanned my PC and now I have a long list of files that I might want to recover, although I don't know which files / filetypes to recover.
3. I don't know what "Decompile the most recent exported SWF" means. Keep in mind I only started using this app a few days ago, so to say I'm a beginner is a massive overstatement. Please help.
1 - If the FLAs have more than 0 KB, try renaming them to .zip and/or .rar and use WinRAR or another similar archiving program that is capable of recovering damaged files;
2 - Search for all .fla files;
3 - In this context, decompiling is creating a FLA from a SWF. Sothink SWF Decompiler is the best. There's also one called JPEX.
I hope some of these tips work.
1. Renaming didn't work. Compressing into .rar and .zip didn't show up on Animate>File>Open. Dragging them into the window didn't work, double-clicking them didn't work.
2. Recuva searches for the names of the files, not the filetypes, at least I think so when I tried it. Searched for:
untitled-2(the name of the file I'm trying to recover)
3. Where do I find the SWF file I have to decompile to FLA? Is there a free alternative to Sothink SWF Decompiler? Where and how can I download JPEX? I found a link, but I don't know how to download it.
Thank you for helping