• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add filters to a graphic

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been stressing over this one thing, is it possible to add effects (or filters) to graphics in Cc?

I've watched some tutorials, and they all show people doing it, but when I try the exact same thing it never works.

The problem is, I add an effect to a movie clip, and I can't see it move in the timeline with everything else; it makes it extremely hard for me to add simple things like shadow effects. If someone could please help me, I'd be grateful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Hi. Can you please provide more details?

Because you can apply filters to Movie Clips instances on stage - or even to layers if you are using the 2019 release and the advanced layers mode is on - just by selecting an instance or layer, going to the Properties panel and clicking the plus button in the Filters section.

Is it possible that the Filters section is way down the Properties panel and you cannot see it? Because it happens sometimes.

Please tell us what you think.

Regards.

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Can you please provide more details?

Because you can apply filters to Movie Clips instances on stage - or even to layers if you are using the 2019 release and the advanced layers mode is on - just by selecting an instance or layer, going to the Properties panel and clicking the plus button in the Filters section.

Is it possible that the Filters section is way down the Properties panel and you cannot see it? Because it happens sometimes.

Please tell us what you think.

Regards.

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the Filters section doesn't even show up. I've watched this video already (Using layer depth and layer effects with the virtual camera | ) and tried the same thing on my file, and it still didn't show up.

I just now made a new file and tested it out, and after I clicked an instance the Filters tab did show up. So I'm assuming it has something to do with the project I'm working on being older. Is there something I need to do to activate advanced layers mode? Or will it simply not work for older files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I found this (Create timeline layers with Animate CC ), and it helped me figure out what I needed to do.

Thank you for the feedback, really appreciate the quick and detailed responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for telling us the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If anyone is seeking help, here's the solution for missing layer effects. Make sure you click the ADVANCED LAYER icon on the MAIN timeline. You can find this icon in the top right corner of the TIMELINE box (above your layers and to the right of the trashcan). Once you click that all the graphics within the timeline should now have the FILTERS box in the PROPERTIES panel (if you only click on the graphic within the timeline). Clunky, I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned above, adding Filters and color effects are not directly possible on a Graphic symbol but Animate CC 2019 comes with an option to apply these effects directly on layers. The layers can have any kind of symbols or groups or even shapes.

Using layer depth and layer effects with the virtual camera |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines