• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export to SVGA

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SVGA! forcing us app designers to lottie and rive- really?

its a shame and awkward we dont have svga in 2023. we signed up for a paid rive account (nice but not close to adobe animate) because you dont manage?
Paying adobe users since 24 years, CS and later CC since day one.

this is really disappointing. i hate rive and lottie, and im paying for the whole agency CC accounts already….

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Lottie has a plugin for Animate as well but it's very limited at the moment (still in beta)

https://lottiefiles.com/plugins/animate

Mario_CR_0-1673202610207.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you used to be able to make suggestions to adobe here, 

these are user-to-user forums.

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

but last i checked, that's not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like it is working again! 👍🏻

JosephLabrecque_0-1673022706408.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joseph Labrecque 

excellent!  (and thank you very much for that info.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree. I work with a startup and the dev team prefers animated SVGs but we're forced to use Lottie because Animate doesn't export natively to animated SVG (only static). After Effects can export to Lottie and that's the only reason. But our workflow is much more complicated because a lot of our animations are already made with Animate. I did find a 3rd party plugin but it's riddled with shortcomings and bugs. But I have managed to get it working. If you download it and can get it installed, let me know and I'll try and make a video that documents the work-arounds I've spent way too much time finding...

https://exchange.adobe.com/apps/cc/7232/animated-svg-exporter 

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg great. thank you so much! i will come back to you as soon as holidays are over. again thank you so much, very kind! best oliver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super VGA has been obsolete for decades, my man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree, super VGA is very obsolete. So much so that some people have taken to using SVGA as a term for SVG with animation, but this is not universally recognised. From my reading of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SVG_animation there isn't an SVGA file format , but is usually achieved by things like JavaScript wrappers or embedding SMIL XML in an SVG. It would be entirely possible for Photoshop to make a mixture of graphics and wrappers of course. I suggest that someone add a wish and post a link for others to vote on it. Adobe count votes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lottie has a plugin for Animate as well but it's very limited at the moment (still in beta)

https://lottiefiles.com/plugins/animate

Mario_CR_0-1673202610207.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to get the Lottie beta to even install. No updates in months. I gave up on it. Hope someone's working on it. But the rest of the application world has passed it by already. Can't wait forever.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines