• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Get CodePen code (ZIM) into Adobe Animate

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a question on how to get CodePen code (ZIM) into Adobe Animate so made a video about it - the example works great in Animate - have a look.   It lets the user drag objects along a user editable path.  The path itself is wiggling.  And an emitter emits particles when objects hit as they go along the path.  Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7A_9ovXkO0

TOPICS
Code , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very cool! Thanks for sharing this resource - really seems to extend the core capabilities of CreateJS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dr Abstract 
Can you recommend a method for converting a path drawn in Animate to an array of points suitable for constructing a squiggle?

- Vlad: UX and graphic design, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be nice.  Can shapes be converted to SVG from Animate?  I think I recall and SVG export?  The Squiggle accepts SVG path (not the whole SVG - see SVGContainer that converts to possibly a bunch of ZIM shapes) as its point. An alternative is to use https://zimjs.com/paths to recreate it - you can add an image to trace over.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, they can be exported as svg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - tried it out and here is a video tutorial on how to get Adobe Shapes into ZIM Blob or Squiggle.  Perhaps a little longer than it needs to be but it all works out.  Hope it helps.  Cheers.  Any questions, please ask!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLFcuCtRLu8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dr Abstract 

i didn't know that about the backquote.  cool tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Dr. Abstract!

I made a simple sample of how to get a shape in Animate and covert it at runtime for ZIM.

It's not perfect yet because it seems to only work with straight lines. I kinda struggled trying to understand how to correctly send a SVG data to the Squiggle or SVGContainer class. Can you take a look at it?

Try it:

http://bit.ly/3mlgMgP

JS code:

var root = this;
var exporter, svgString, svgContainer;

function main()
{
	root.stop();
	renderSVG(root.pathContainer);
}

function renderSVG(target)
{
	exporter = new SVGExporter(target, false, false, false);
	exporter.run();
	exporter.svg.style.border = "none";

svgString = serializeSVG(exporter.svg);

svgContainer = new SVGContainer(svgString).addTo();
	svgContainer.x = target.children[0].x;
	svgContainer.y = target.children[0].y;

zimify(root.circle).animate({ props:{ path: svgContainer.getChildAt(0) }, drag: true });

exporter.svg = null;
	target.parent.removeChild(target);
	target._off = true;
}

function serializeSVG(svg)
{
	var serializer = new XMLSerializer();
	return serializer.serializeToString(svg);
};

main();

Source / FLA / files / download:
https://bit.ly/41J18fs

To export a CreateJS shape to SVG I'm using a modified version of this SVGExporter class from the official CreateJS repo on GitHub that I used some time ago for a project because I needed the SVG artwork to be exported in high resolution. But I suppose the original SGVExporter class will work as well.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool!  Good idea.  Will have a peek in a bit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - so we took a look at @JoãoCésar code and it worked well.  We took a slightly different route and posted a tutorial video about the process https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euALbJEd7WM We used the SVGConverter and got the path from the resulting SVG and passed it into a Squiggle.  We kept in the SVGContainer() approach at the bottom commented out.  Thanks for your help on this João!  And of course Kudos all the way back to Grant for the SVGExporter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome! I just watched your tutorial. Your approach is way better and simple than mine. I'm sure this solution will be very helpful for a lot of users. This feature of dragging an instance along a path is very requested here.

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also possible to grab the raw points of a shape in Animate but I also don't know how to correctly send this data to ZIM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JoãoCésar, why not publish an svg which animate natively supports? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad:

This approach is for targeting shapes already on stage so you don't have to keep exporting SVG files everytime you change something.

Imagine how hard would be if we had to create all bitmaps for run time instead of Animate doing it for us on export? It's the same idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if you watch Dr. Abstract's video, you will see that it takes a lot of work to get the SVG exported from Animate ready for ZIM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad - rather than do two steps - publish the SVG and then bring the results back into Animate as I had done, @JoãoCésar is doing it in one step.   We are passing the SVG into a ZIM Blob or Squiggle to add extra functionality.  For instance:

1. the user can then change the blob or squiggle with bezier controls
this is a main difference - the path is optionally user editable yet we can do the following:
2. we can animate along the blob or squiggle
3. we can drag objects along the blob or squiggle
4. we can apply beads along the path
5. we can do hitTests along the path
6. we can shape tween the path

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines