• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to I get rigging with the bone tool to work?

Participant ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported a character from illustrator into animate. I then broke it apart and distributed it to layers. When I try to use the bone tool it doesn't work. I start off with one plot and drag to the next, and then, then bone tool moves the points to the edge of a bounding box, not where I set the transformation points. Also, piece of my character just flies away out of position. Each part of my character is a symbol. However, my full character is a not a symbol. I don't know if it's supposed to be one. When I tried to make it into one, the mouth that I made stopped moving. (Some audio is attarched)

I attached 2 photos. The first photo shows the transformation point where I want to start at. The second photo shows what happens when I try to make a line with the bone tool, from the first point, then up the belly to the 2nd point. What happens, is the line moves somewhere else, and connects the line to the end of a bounding box. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grace,

Here are some resources for you to have a look at:

https://flash-powertools.com/character-rigging-for-flash-animation/

https://flash-powertools.com/smart-magnet-rigs/

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines