• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to turn a layer 'passive', so you can click through to underlying symbols?

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using an overlay on top of my Adobe Animate Project, to use as a Camera Hud. It's a full screen symbol, but I need to access the symbols underneath. The 'Camera Hud' is semi transparant, so I can see my symbols lying underneath, but I can't click them. Is there a way to show the layer, but make the objects underneath accessible? Love to hear from someone! 

TOPICS
ActionScript , Code , Error , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

I think that kglad thought you meant while editing on the stage (that's what I thought at first as well). If you are using ActionScript, and the HUD is named 'hud', this would do what you want:

hud.mouseEnabled = false;

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lock the camera hud layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't seem to work. The overlay-layer is still playing on top of everything, (as it should), but I can't click any symbols or movieclips underneath this layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that kglad thought you meant while editing on the stage (that's what I thought at first as well). If you are using ActionScript, and the HUD is named 'hud', this would do what you want:

hud.mouseEnabled = false;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines