Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML file not working when uploaded to web

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with my Animate project being uploaded to the web. I have an interactive document that allows you to click buttons and move within the timeline from frame to frame. Everything works fantastically until I try to publish and upload it to my web server. I'm doing the hosting myself with Plesk and I haven't had problems before. 

I've published my Animate file as HTML. 

Here are the publish settings:

stcecilia_0-1612199153671.pngstcecilia_1-1612199163863.png

I have created a new directory on my server entitled "final" and placed the Html doc in there. I haven't made seperate directories for the images and sound assets, just uploaded them straight into the "final" directory along with the HTML doc. I have no idea what's wrong. If you could help me that'd be much appreciated. Thank you so much! 🙂

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Other , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You: I have no idea what's wrong.

Also You: I haven't made seperate directories for the images and sound assets, just uploaded them straight into the "final" directory along with the HTML doc.

320px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be fair, I've only been doing this kind of stuff for a few weeks, so sometimes I overlook simple things like this. 

So I just re-did the whole thing with proper sounds and images directories and it still doesn't work. I need a plain explanation as nobody's ever told me how to do this, I've had to figure it all out on my own (*  ̄︿ ̄)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So bring up the browser's developer console and check for error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines