• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Html help

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have to zip up an HTML canvas doc from Animate and put it on Google Drive for my teacher to unzip and view. I published the document just like it was shown on our class tutorial and zipped up the file/s and placed it on Google Drive. I tried to open the files to test them out, Google Drive asks what to use to open the files, I used the Zip Extractor. My problem is when the files unzip it just shows code instead of my animate web banner. How do I get Google Drive to show my work? I know this is more of a Google Drive question but apparently, Google Drive doesn't have a messaging option unless you subscribe. I'm hoping that one of you would know how to fix the Google problem. Any advice would be appreciated. Please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"How do I get Google Drive to show my work?"

You don't. Google Drive is document storage, not a web host. Your teacher is going to have to download your ZIP file and extract it on his computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I'm having is I tried extracting the zipped file myself and when I unzipped it, it only showed the code. It didn't show the interactive web banner I made. I'm worried the same will happen when my teacher tries to view my stuff. I need help figuring out why when I extract my zip file it just shows code instead of the animated graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't have anything to do with Google Drive. Sounds like you've somehow managed to mess up your HTML file type associations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My teacher helped me figure it out. I was trying to use the zip extractor in Google Drive to open and view the HTML web banner but apparently, it doesn't work that way, you have to download the zip file to your computer, right-click, choose show in a folder, and then right-click again to extract the files to view them. A long process that should really be simplified but as long as it works. Thanks for trying to help though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines