Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 Ads Validator Javascript Errors and Missing Assets

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I created HTML5 ads for 6Sense and when I check the validator, the ad fails to render, I have missing assets, and 2 Javascript errors. I've tried everything and nothing works. It has to be something in the template when exporting. When I test the ad in the browser, it works fine, but when I check the ad in the validator and on 6sense, it doesn't show, and I have the same errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

defaultrhqc1xyg3m4b_1-1642718973399.png

defaultrhqc1xyg3m4b_2-1642719008384.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Hi Marley,

This is Roy, the developer of the HTML5 ad validator tool that you've used. I re-ran your creative through the scanner, and this is what I've found:

https://www.advalify.io/html5-ad-validator/s8e9w-ce605-8e49d

Your creative is not rendered due to a JavaScript error "Cannot read property 'getContext' of undefined at a.b._parseData". Furthermore, your image returns a 404 because you've used a capital in your link. The image is in the folder "Images", while you're linking to "/images/..."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the validator is not "seeing" your images content (or your images folder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah for some reason and I don't know why. The images are in the zip folder but it won't recognize it and it gives me 2 javascript errors. Shoud I post my code here? Thanks - Marlena 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's not a coding error.  it's a problem between your zip file and the validator.

you need to query about that validator (as long as you're certain exactly that file name/ext is in the images folder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I'll see what happens when I upload them to adwords again. Thanks - Marlena 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait.

to make certain you're uploading the correct files, save your fla to a new (empty) directory.  publish your fla (to that directory).  everything in that directory (other than the fla) needs to be uploaded without editing any file types or names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do! TY! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I did what you suggested and I still get 1 error when I upload my ads to adwords. Should I take out this is the HTML file  "<script src="https://code.createjs.com/1.0.0/createjs.min.js"></script>" this seems to be the problem now.

Marley82_0-1642792396788.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I actually was able to change the script to: 

<script src="https://s0.2mdn.net/ads/studio/cached_libs/createjs_2019.11.15_min.js"></script>

and it worked!

All ads are running smoothly! I really appreciate all of the amazing support! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Marley,

This is Roy, the developer of the HTML5 ad validator tool that you've used. I re-ran your creative through the scanner, and this is what I've found:

https://www.advalify.io/html5-ad-validator/s8e9w-ce605-8e49d

Your creative is not rendered due to a JavaScript error "Cannot read property 'getContext' of undefined at a.b._parseData". Furthermore, your image returns a 404 because you've used a capital in your link. The image is in the folder "Images", while you're linking to "/images/..." (with a lowercase i). The server therefore returns a 404. See here:

2022-04-05_15-19-44.png

If you need further help, feel free to contact me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines