Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 Canvas builds and tests only showing background

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So I was having a problem with whenever I try to build or test my HTML5 canvas game created with adobe animatethe only thing the browser draws is the gray background (Which is not a layer it is the document background setting). I don't know if its maybe because theres a problem with my script or what but there was this weird thing where the actions symbol layer was not there and I had to take it out of another adobe animate html5 canvas project file (with a copy and paste).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, also I have another question; does anyone know how you can hide everything in a folder through a script? Is that even possible? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know about the folder question.

I when testing HTML5 Canvas you see a blank browser window, it's likely to be a security issue. While you are working on the files locally, you could go into publish settings and turn off the options to make a spritesheet or texture map. Then the images are separate, and less likely to cause security issues.

You also can use the brower's developer tools to look at the JavaScript Console. That will show you if there are script errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still not working however I am getting these errors

sammyueru_0-1637871649950.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh but I've been trying to fix those but even when I fix those in adobe animate it doesn't seem to update the html and js files on build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines