• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 Canvas Javascript - Change brightness of MovieClip on Mouse Event

Participant ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like a very simple thing, but I cannot locate any information on how to do this. 

TweenJS appears to only handle position and alpha properties. 

When mousing over a MC, I want an other MC to darken, something like this very simplified abstract concept: 

MC1.mouseover {MC2.Brightness = 50%}

MC1.mouseout {MC2.Brightness = 100%}

Has anyone done that before? How did you do it?  

Thanks.

TOPICS
Code , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

You should only need a nested MovieClip instance that thas the brightness set to 100% in frame 0 and 50% in frame 1.

image.pngimage.png

Then you can add a code like this:

stage.enableMouseOver();
this.mc1.stop();
this.mc1.on("mouseover", function(e){ e.currentTarget.gotoAndStop(1); });
this.mc1.on("mouseout", function(e){ e.currentTarget.gotoAndStop(0); });

Regards,
JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

João,

Thanks man, that is one solution, I was hoping for a pure code solution, as a timeline based soution seems like more of a complex workaround that would entail adding more features to simple MC's. 

If we are able to simply say a MC has an alpha of X, or a position of X, couldn't we do the same for Brightness?

Does the Brightness color effect acheive an altered appearance for a MC by adding a line of script to the compiled code? Has anyone found a way to put that in an event function? 

Doesn't MC >Filters > Brightness alter a clip's appearance via JS, somehow? Is that a function we could access directly by code?

Thanks again man, I appreciate your time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem.

It's because brightness is actually a ColorFilter applied to the instance and not a simple property like alpha or scale.

image.png

So if you want to tween the brightness, you'll need to keep re-adding/updating the ColorFilter with the corresponding values.

Or you can also overlay an instance with the appearance that you want and tween its alpha, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines