Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 Canvas mp3 audio not supported crossbrowser and crossplatform

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When publishing and testing my project on different browsers and platforms, the audio doesn't always play. Here's some more info:

Software:

• Adobe Animate CC 2017.2 build 16.2.0.24

Framework:

• HTML5 Canvas
  • sound sync as event

Audio file:

• mp3
  • 96 kb/s
  • 1 channel
  • 44.1kHz

Works in:

• Desktop, Windows 10: Firefox 55.0.3, Chrome 61.0, Edge 40.1
  • Mobile, Android 5.1.1 (MIUI 7.5): Firefox 55.0.2

Doesn't work in:

• Mobile, Android 5.1.1 (MIUI 7.5): Chrome 60.0
  • Mobile, iOS 8: Firefox and Chrome

As you can see the audio plays just fine in every browser on desktop. But the audio only plays in one browser (Firefox) on mobile (Android).

Does anyone know where this problem might occur? Is it Animate? Is it HTML5? Is it the browser? Is it the platform?

Thx in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

I've contacted itch.io and currently await their response. In the meantime I have tested it myself on an iOS 9 device, and have found that the test on itch.io in Chrome (and Firefox and Safari) do not automatically play in fullscreen. This makes it able to press the button to play the sound. In Chrome (and Firerox) on Android however, it does automatically play in fullscreen. This makes it for Chrome unable to press the button to play the sound, but strangely enough not for Firefox. I suspect th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe the next time you're composing a thread title, you'll consider pointing the finger of blame inward rather than outward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not testing in mobile Safari?

Anyway, all those browsers you're having trouble with supposedly do support MP3. Are you sure it's not an issue with audio not playing until the user has interacted with the content?

Media formats for HTML audio and video - HTML | MDN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines