• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 project not displaying anything on browser when using images.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i use some basic shapes or animate in the stage and publish the project, it works fine and displays all the contents of the stage on the browser, whereas when I import some .jpg image files on the stage and then publish the project it does not display anything on the browser, just a blank white page.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

If when you do a Test Movie, the images show up, and they don't when you run the HTML file locally, there is likely to be a security issue. If you upload the files to a server, then they will most likely work ok.

If your final project needs them to be used as a local HTML file, try going into publish settings, and turn off the Texture and Spritesheet options, so that you get individual image assets. It then has less security issues, and has a better chance of working.

You also could do that if y

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If when you do a Test Movie, the images show up, and they don't when you run the HTML file locally, there is likely to be a security issue. If you upload the files to a server, then they will most likely work ok.

If your final project needs them to be used as a local HTML file, try going into publish settings, and turn off the Texture and Spritesheet options, so that you get individual image assets. It then has less security issues, and has a better chance of working.

You also could do that if you want to do a lot of testing locally, then for the final version that will be uploaded to a server, go back to using texture maps or spritesheets, so that the page will load faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrome output.PNGStage.PNGsettings.PNGerror.PNG
I need some help regarding to the publish settings you said me to modify, and i have also posted some screenshots of the matter and the error showing up in the Chrome console, it shows a blank screen in other browser like microsoft edge too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was that error during a Test Movie, or when you ran the HTML on its own? The :8090 part suggests that you're running the HTML after having done a test movie. Try doing an actual publish, not a test movie, and try that version of the HTML.

For the image things I was talking about, click on Image Settings, and check the box for Export Image assets, and select Image Assets as the type.

imageexport.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot sir !! I changed the export as option to "image assets" and published the HTML file and ran it and it shows the image perfectly. Thanks a lot again i highly appreciate your help.Result.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines