Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am not sure how to make a transparent background for an imported image

Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a clipart image that I wanted to import for an animation. One of the problems with the clipart picture is that it has a solid background that is getting in the way of the props I drew in Animate because the background of the clipart image ends up on top of the symbols I have behind the clipart image. What I want to do is make the clipart image's background transparent (the image is of a person, and I want just the person showing, not the background). How can I do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do in another app (eg, photoshop) or do it in animate by converting to a vector.

it's faster in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah use Photoshop or similar to edit the bitmap image. If P'shop, "Select Subject" usually does a very quick and good job depending. Then export from P'shop as PNG-24 format and import into Animate.

If you don't have an image editor, then what Kglad said will work. Import the image into Animate and then use Trace Bitmap to convert it to vectors and then use the Selection tool to highlight the background and hit delete. Just be aware that Trace Bitmap can create complicated vectors as it tries to retain the integrity of the original image.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines