• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help animating a shadow...?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I hope someone can help me. I'm brand new to Adobe animate and I think I've taken on a pretty laborious task for my very first animation. 

I'm trying to work out the mechanics of a shadow animation. As displayed in the video, I've tried two ways of making this animation work and I just can't figure it out. Can someone point what I'm missing or what I'm doing wrong? Thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

The general approach I'd take in such a situation is to have a duplicate symbol instance of the same object with decreased brightness on a layer above the normal one. This dark version will be masked and initially we will only see the dark version. As the light comes in, the mask will recede to show less of the darker object, thus revealing the normally lit object underneath.

Using a darkened instance will also keep your contrast and colour values intact.

The mask can be a Classic Tweened Graphic symbols itself, which holds a Shape tween inside, so that you can control exactly how the reveal happens. Temperamental Shape Tweens can be tamed with Shape Hints.

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Masking is the key! Thank you I greatly appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines