• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported sound loops unexpectedly when pasted into AS3

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating an animated music video in Animate that requires lip syncing. I built it initially in an older version of Animate but now have been using CC. I lip synced it to the music which exists on a layer within the file. When I realized that the parenting option was not available in that file format I copied and pasted everything into a new AS3 file. Everything transferred perfectly except the music now has 758 frames of intro percussion instead of 302 frames of intro percussion. The speed of the music has not been affected. It is like the program has added more measures of the lead in music. I have deleted and brought in the music fresh but it still has 758 frames before the singing starts instead of 302 frames. I am not sure why/how the intro would now be longer as everything on the time frame looks exactly like it did in the previous file. And also as a result, the end of the song is cut off, while the song in the previous file ends as it should within that 2.5 minute time frame. Does this ring any bells for anyone?

TOPICS
Import and export , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Check the frame rate of the new document and make sure it matches the one in your original FLA.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I'm on a MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac and using the latest Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the frame rate of the new document and make sure it matches the one in your original FLA.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Totally obvious now that I see it. That was driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad I could point you in the right direction.

Good luck with your project!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines