• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to export a rig from Animate CC to Illustrator or Character Animator intact?

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to export a rig from Animate CC into Illustrator or Character Animator, intact? If so, how would I do that? I've spent a few days trying to find an answer. From what I've found, it looks like all the rigs I've made in Animate CC will have to be totally redone in Illustrator if I want to do a scene in Character Animator. I keep getting a white background which relegates it to a reference for me to remake each rig, drawing by drawing. It would obviously save me a whole lot of time if there's a way to move the rig over. I feel like there has to be a way.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

The best way is:
In Animate > File > Publish Settings > 
Along the left side of the Publish Settings panel click on OTHER FORMATS...
Drill down OPTIONS...
Check the OPTIMIZE FOR CHARACTER ANIMATOR box

I've never personally used this feature, so give it a spin and let me know if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way is:
In Animate > File > Publish Settings > 
Along the left side of the Publish Settings panel click on OTHER FORMATS...
Drill down OPTIONS...
Check the OPTIMIZE FOR CHARACTER ANIMATOR box

I've never personally used this feature, so give it a spin and let me know if it helps.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! You've gotta publish it as an SVG file. I can't figure out a way to get the mouth to move over intact, so it looks like there's no getting around a little copy and pasting to get the lip sync work. But you can do that in Illustrator with that exported SVG file.

Pretty awesome. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And yes, it was the "optimize for charactor animator" that got it to work. I'm just so new that I didn't even know to publish it as an SVG file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines