• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to export SWF image files?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the older 18.0.02 version of animate, but cannot get the .swf export to work.

I have used Animate for illustration from way back in the Flash days as I have always found the drawing quality really useable. In the old days I always used to be able to export as a .ai file which I could then edit further in illustrator, and I'm sure I have in the past managed to export swf.

It's a real shame if there is no way to export vector artwork like this, as I have never managed to find an alternative that compares. I need to create some scaleable AW and nothing else works as well for drawing in vectors as Animate!

Any ideas how to get the swf export to work?

Would it work in the new version of Animate? I'm running a pretty old laptop and peripherals and don't want to update my operating system if I can avoid it (which I'd have to in order to run the new version)

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can "publish" (file>publish) a swf (assuming you have an as3 project open).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad,

Thanks so much for your response - Stupidly I actually made a total mistake with the file type I'm after - It's an SVG file I need to export - so sorry for the confusing post!! I'll re-post now with the correct facts on there!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i answered your svg post and, for others, yes you can export svg files using export > image (legacy).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know you 'should' be able to export them via the legacy option - indeed I used to be able to - but for some reason this hasn't worked for me now for quite some time. It doesn't save out a file at all. So I do have experience of it working but am wondering why now it doesn't. Looking back at old posts I see this has happened for others also - but no clear reason or solution. Thanks for your time though! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines