Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to move a walk cycle from Timeline to inside a symbol

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Let me say from the start that I'm very new to Animate. I created a walk cycle in the main timeline, then watched a couple of tutorials about creating cycles inside a symbol as a movie clip so it will repeat on the main timeline.

My question is, is there a way of me moving the walk cycle that I created on the main timeline INTO the symbol of the character who is doing the walking?

Not even sure if that is the right way to ask the question, but if you can figure out what I am trying to ask and give me a clue it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Nige

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

- Select the layer with your animation by clicking on its name once.

- With all frames selected, right click the frames and choose "Copy Frames". Or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + C (Windows) or Command + Alt + C (Mac) to copy the frames.

- Create a new symbol going to Insert > New Symbol... or press Ctrl + F8 (Windows) or Command + F8 (Mac).

- Within this new symbol, select the layer, right click the frames and choose "Paste Frames". Or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + V (Windows) or

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Select the layer with your animation by clicking on its name once.

- With all frames selected, right click the frames and choose "Copy Frames". Or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + C (Windows) or Command + Alt + C (Mac) to copy the frames.

- Create a new symbol going to Insert > New Symbol... or press Ctrl + F8 (Windows) or Command + F8 (Mac).

- Within this new symbol, select the layer, right click the frames and choose "Paste Frames". Or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + V (Windows) or Command + Alt + V (Mac) to paste the frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Joao,

Thank you so much for responding, and sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have been working on other projects all week so have not had a chance to try your suggestion, however, on thinking it through it should work. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question.

All the best

Cheers Nige

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem!

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines