• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

jQuery in Animate

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After looking for a while I can't find a simple info whether or not, and how, to connect Animate with jQuery.

My (beginners) idea was that I have to put some code in the first frame to connect with jquery-3.2.1.js. And than to have the option to use jQuery scripts insides Animate.

Certainly there are some useful functions that are not part of the normal Animate tools as tweens, or not part yet of code fragments.

But it seems to be more complex. The HTML has to be scripted (?) and perhaps the whole is not as great as I tought?

So my question is –  how to use jQuery insides Animate and which are the most useful functions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

add a component to your library or manually add a script tag to your html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

add a component to your library or manually add a script tag to your html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, you can now include external js files from the Actions panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Mr. @Joseph Labrecque, I am following your course in LinkedIn, the essential training. I remember before, the project of Animate, when saved or exported, or before starting a project, used to include BY DEFAULT jQuery 1.x.x, or am I confussing with other software?

I expect to see more course like how to make a Photo Gallery. Yes, YouTube takes advantage of it; many o them are tutorials of old FLASH using action script code blocks for some functions, but is ok, not difficult. And also, the coding sometimes is the same! 

I think that Animate is an undervalued program that should be more promoted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm... you may be thnking of Edge Animate? Anyhow - yes, there definitely is still a lot of Flash / AS3 'for web' examples out there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thomasb74905373  wrote

Certainly there are some useful functions that are not part of the normal Animate tools as tweens, or not part yet of code fragments.

Animate has a very good tween library already built in.

What, exactly, do you think you need jQuery for? jQuery's primary purpose is manipulating the browser DOM, but Animate doesn't use the browser DOM, except for components. It would be useless for accessing Animate's object hierarchy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ClayUUd,

since JS ist the language of Adobe Animate now, I simply want to get the maximum of options to solve future problems.

As for games, special menus (f.e. as mouse sensitive spinning image-circles), complex animations including all kind of media, etc., etc...

The code fragements still seem to be quite few and the code free functions are limited.

F.e. there is no way to manipulate sounds etc.(as before in Flash).

I don’t know what jQuery all can do, but as a „old flasher“ I remember to have  had a lot of challenges to face  😉

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thomasb74905373  wrote

Hi ClayUUd,

The code fragements still seem to be quite few and the code free functions are limited.

F.e. there is no way to manipulate sounds etc.(as before in Flash).

False: https://createjs.com/soundjs

Maybe, just maybe, you should learn how to use the CreateJS API before you run off and bloat your pages with yet another JS library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For other functions like lightbox in a photo gallery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines