Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

keyboard shortcuts in flash cs6 not working correctly

Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i bought 3 licences of creative suite cs6, and in every one of them flash cs6 keyboard shortcuts wont work correctly.

specifcly the tools shortcuts such as space bar for hand tool, v' for arrow key and more.

i need to restart flash for them to work again. this happened on 3 of my studio's computers!
please help

i'm on a pc machine, intel i7, 2.8 GH

windows 7, 64 bit, 16gb ram,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Hi torben123,

This issue has been resolved in Flash CC, please take a look at it and let us know if you still face any issues.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found on another thread that some text editors can cause this behavior.  Sure enough, it seems that Evernote was the cause, I needed to remove it from the system tray in order to get my keyboard shortcuts back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2012 Dec 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was unable to toggle the actions window using the standard alt+F9 shortcut in Flash CS6 Professional (Mac).

Discovered that in OSX 10.8.2 in System Prefs/Keyboard the 'Use all F1, F2, etc. Keys as standard function keys' tick box was un checked by default.

Checking this option solved this particular problem.

Sorry, I know that's not 100% relevant to your question but it was driving me nuts, thought it might be useful anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will be useful to anyone because this seems like the stupidest fix in the world, but I've just had the problem where default shortcut keys in CS6 were working erratically and/or not at all. 

Then I pressed Ctrl-Enter, the swf published, I closed the swf window and - magically - my shortcuts seem to work again, even on a restart!

Random I know, and probably won't work for all, but if it works for some that's something.

Wish Adobe staff would take more interest in acknowledging these sorts of  threads on their own forum and (better still) fixing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2012 Dec 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as most of you, my single key shortcuts didn't work at all. Ctrl + Enter as opa-opa said and *puf* they started to work O_o. Thanks mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I've been experiancing this same problem in Flash Cs6. This is pretty irratating because it disables the Spacebar hotkey which is the most used one. I need to restart every 3 minutes or so to continue. I have been using a Cintiq too if that's leading to the problem somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOUND A TEMP solution!

if you would open any other NEW project and try a short cut there.. now tab back ur working project and see all the short cuts are back on!

do it like game code to save time!!!

Ctrl + N

Space

Ctrl + W

done!

now u can see u can use shortcut in ur project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, also frustrated when realised it's a bug and not my late-night flashing

So, I work mostly on Win 7 (64bit) in Flash and noticed a workaround to this really annoying bug - just minimize/maximize back Flash and CONTINUE working with the shortcuts back. I really don't know what's up with Flash that messes it up randomly.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same shortcut problem in Flash CS6 update2. The publish workaround does the job, for now.

Please fix in next update ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2013 Mar 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, publishing the SWF does fix it for a while however. This was not an issue in CS5.5, what is causing this? I have tried making a new key mapping profile and it's still happening.

Considering this post is 7 months old and CS 6.5 is not far off, I am concerned these will not be addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as well! The hotkeys have started working less and less. Even restarting the computer doesn't help anymore. Exporting the swf has worked for me as well, but this is silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, having the same problem here. It always seems to happen whenever I come out of a text field, if that's of any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues. For some reason, when I open a new or a saved doc, the keys will work for a few mins, then all of the sudden they will stop working. Sometimes they will start working if I just leave the project alone for about 15 mins. By the way, I am only having this issue with Flash. It happened when I had CS 5 and now it is happening with CS 6. I am running it on a Dell Latitude, Windows 7 (32-bit) 4gb of RAM, and a Intel i5 2.6GHz. I don't know if anyone else noticed that if I close multiple programs that I am using at the same time like Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver or iTunes or Spotify, it seems to help resolve the problem but only sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing this (I've so far noticed it while using a Cintiq; whether that's related or not, I don't know). It is triggered by a save (or auto-save), and appears to be an application window/screen refresh issue. From my experience, minimizing the window and then restoring reactivates the shortcuts. It's almost as though the window canvas (work area) is receiving input (the pen/cursor continues to work) but the application window itself is not called to focus by Windows (i.e. the OS itself). Minimizing and restoring the window forces it to "get attention" again. Sometimes, even this is not sufficient, and I have to click in the canvas area after the minimize-restore to get shortcuts working again.

I'm not a programmer, so I may be lay in my description, but it appears somehow related to the application window not receiveng focus (and as such not mapping the keyboard keys to its own commands).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simplest work around for this bug that I have come across is to use the scene panel.

When the hotkeys stop working:

1) Open the scene panel using Shift + f2, or clicking Window > Other Panels > Scene

2) Click within the scene panel (click the scene you are currently on for simplicity). This will make a small blue border appear around the scenes.

3) Click back on your stage

This should fix your hotkeys. Works for me, at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you serious? After coughing up an entire paycheck just to RENT your shitty software for a year and discovering this problem is a huge irritation, your answer is to buy CC? I can't use CC. I can't use it because the studio I'm working for wants files done in CS6. Companies can't just shit out millions for new licenses for 1000+ employees and then ask all of their freelancers who are barely making ends meet to do the same, then have to redo every single asset every time you decide to rake in cash on a new release of a program that would JUST WORK FINE IF YOU PATCHED IT.

This can't be real. When are you patching this problem? The problem is NOT solved, the question is NOT answered. The keyboard shortcuts are essential to keeping up with workflow in Flash and if you're still selling CS6 you should still be supporting the software with BUG FIXES, if not then why else should I have to stay logged into your annoying resource-hogging spyware?  I am livid with Adobe for so many reasons and this just takes the cake. This bug kicks in about 2 minutes into any project and having to hit ctrl+enter and perform any other voodoo required to make them kick in again is seriously annoying.

I am looking forward to the day open source software demolishes your monopoly. Customer loyalty might keep you alive but you've decided you won't be needing that apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I share your same frustration.

I love how the start up screen asks for feedback on their product when all they have to do is look at threads like these. Take your head out of the sand and fix these bugs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2014 Sep 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Just found the simplest workaround:

1. open a new document in flash and leave it open

2. when you loose the shortcuts just switch from your document to the new one and back: "ctrl + tab"

enjoy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a lousy response.  The customer PAID for a product that doesn't work properly and your solution is for him to buy a DIFFERENT product.  You and Adobe should be ashamed at these attitudes and practices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines