• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Projector created in Windows doesn't work on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Animate 21.01 on a Windows 10 PC. I can create a Windows Projector .exe file and it works great. But if I publish a Mac Projector and then move those files to the Mac, I can't get it to install on my Mac without having an error message. No explanation of the error is provided.

I then loaded Animate 21.01 onto my Mac and tried to import the .fla from my Windows 10 PC and it says the file is corrupted. I was going to use Animate on the Mac to make a Mac Projector instead of from my PC.

Any idea why the Mac Projector created from my PC doesn't work? And why can't I load the .fla from my Windows 10 PC into Animate on the Mac? I even tried loading the uncompressed .xfl version, but the Mac says the file is corrupted as well.

I do have older versions of Animate on my machine and my files have been made on older versions of Animate if this helps explain my problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

absolutely.

i've done that many many times and i have used onedrive to move files back-and-forth among my two win computers and one mac computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you load that fla into animate on your window's computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The fla loads fine in Animate on my window's computer, but the same fla does not load on the mac...Animate says the file is corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upload your fla to a file server or file sharing site and post a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need licenseCheckCode to be imported into each exe file.as

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot about this .as file on the Mac. It didn't ask for it which is why I forgot about it. Instead it said the fla was corrupted. Hopefully that's all it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i opened your fla in windows and noted you were publishing for fp 16.  i changed that to fp 32 and published an mac projector (on windows computer). 

i moved the projector .app file to my mac and it installed without problem:

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks. I'm surprised the fp version mattered. I'll give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to install on the Mac by dragging the folder to the Applications directory. But even before I do that, the app folder called abcAdvancedConcepts_07 for Dec 2020 Release_03.app

shows up like this in Finder:

2020-12-26_16-40-52.jpg2020-12-26_16-44-58.jpg

When I drag the folder into the Applications directory it fails and is unable to open I believe. But the circle with a line through it must mean something that isn't good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is the error when I drag the folder into the Applications folder:

2020-12-26_17-25-03.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually that's the error when I double click on the app. There is no error when I drag it into the Applications directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i double clicked the .app, it installed without problem and then offered to delete the installation files.

p.s. i have the same os:

os.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get it. When I double click on the .app folder an error window pops up saying:

You can’t open the application “abcAdvancedConcepts_07 for Dec 2020 Release_03b” because it may be damaged or incomplete.

Not sure what to do. I'm getting the files from my PC to my Mac via dropbox. I think I'll use a flash drive instead to see if that works. ie transfer the .app directory to the Mac using a flash drive instead of dropbox. It's the only thing that I can think of that would explain the damaged or incomplete. That could explain the potential problem agreed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can test one drive later, but i first used hotmail's onedrive and could not get that file to install.  onedrive zipped the .app and unzipping on my mac revealed the components of the app file.  renaming the zip to an app also failed.

i used a usb drive to move the .app file from my pc to my mac.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Thanks for helping with this problem. I use dropbox to deliver these files to others. Never had any issues with swf' and html files. But as long as I know what the problem is, I can problem solve a solution.

One other question. Are FLA's built on a PC also supposed to open on a Mac? and vica versa?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolutely.

i've done that many many times and i have used onedrive to move files back-and-forth among my two win computers and one mac computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally getting back to you. To let you know and others that I took the Mac App from my PC to my Mac using the flash drive and the install worked great on the Mac. I then had the idea that if I put the Mac App Installer folder onto dropbox from my Mac and sent the dropbox link to someone with a Mac, would that work. It certainly did. So that's how I'll distribute the files.

I would have given up on this had it not been for your help. I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines