• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make a layer that won't be affected by camera?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the camera in my scene. However, I would like to have a 1px black border around the whole thing, which won't move when the camera moves. How would I do this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Make your outline the same size as your stage. Convert it to a movieclip and Create a Motion Tween for that layer. Add your camera. Create a Motion Tween for the Camera. Add your motion to the Camera. Copy Motion. Paste Motion on the border. Voila.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a way to do it at the moment. There is a feature request page here:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Before you fill in a request, can I give you more ideas that you could include in your request? In 3D there's the concept of a camera overlay and backdrop. Your request is the simplest example of a camera overlay. The request could be to support both backdrops and overlays. Imagine if you could apply a movieclip as the overlay layer of the camera, then you could have scaling and rotating animations, happening underneath a static UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make your outline the same size as your stage. Convert it to a movieclip and Create a Motion Tween for that layer. Add your camera. Create a Motion Tween for the Camera. Add your motion to the Camera. Copy Motion. Paste Motion on the border. Voila.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines