• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mild performance issues. Solution?

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started to notice, once adobe animate has been open for several hours, and I've been using it for that time, I begin to get performance issues, they're no big deal but are somewhat annoying. The app freezes while doing an auto recovery, which happens every 10 minutes or so, it eventually responds but freezes on 51% for about 10 seconds before resuming, the same thing happens when I'm saving my work which is daunting, it also happens but less often when I am illustrating with the brush tool or adding frames. I was wondering if there was a reason for this happening and if there is something I can do to stop it from happening.

I'm unsure whether or not it is: my computer, the software or the fact that my shots are around 10 seconds in length and have 15-20 layers with something happening on pretty much every frame on every layer in that duration when this begins to happen. What are your thoughts?

Computer Specs: Name: ACER Aspire U27-880 Processor: Intel I5-7200U (Quad core @2.50GHZ) Windows 10 64bit operating system10point touch screen responsive

8.00gb ram

I also often run Spotify, file explorer, Adobe media encoder and Adobe premiere pro simultaneously.

I'm using Adobe Animate CC 2018 Version 18.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

that doesn't happen to me and i typically have animate open for days without restarting it.

make sure you're saving your files with an updated version number frequently and disable auto-save.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that doesn't happen to me and i typically have animate open for days without restarting it.

make sure you're saving your files with an updated version number frequently and disable auto-save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give that a try. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

i made a script that automates appending _v000, _v001 etc with saves to automate the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something just happened, that I meant to mention yesterday but I forgot to do so.

It also freezes from time to time on a screen that says 'animate is processing strokes' when this happens it does not respond, I have to force shut the app, does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've never seen or heard of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven,

This has been a bug before but it is meant to have been resolved (see here ) but I have noticed some still have problems with it in Version 17 (just watched a guy on YouTube talking about it).

You say you are on Version 18.1 - have you updated to Version 18.0.2 (Build 126) since you first posted and this is still happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I didn't install the update I have done now tjough and it hasn't happened since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm having trouble every time I go into a symbol it freezes for 10 seconds and quickly goes black. Support pretty much does a screen grab, moves a basic shape and says it works while not caring what Im showing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've never had this problem nor am I familiar with it, perhaps make sure you are updated to the latest version, if you are and it's still happening, then create a community post like this one, the community tend to be more helpful then Adobe support anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines