Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

moving html files between computers

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I'm teaching adobe animate and thought my students how to export html files. I want to open the files at my computer to show the class but if i move the files from where they where exported the file would become blank. how can i mode thier exports into my computer without ruining the files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the files work if you open the HTML file in its originally published folder? There are security related reasons why a Test Movie in Animate will work, but opening the publsihed HTML file will not work. If it fails for you, it should fail for the same reason for the student.

When it does fail you can view the Developer tools in your browser, and see what error it is showing in Console.

You should be able to give us an example file that does fail, and from that we could suggest ways around the problem. Two ways that would work are: have a the student put the files online somewhere, in a way that they can send the URL to the HTML file. Or, you can run your own local web server, either via whatever your system can give you, or by using MAMP (it's a popular solution for these issues in the education world). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the files work if i open them in thier original exported file. if i move them somewhere else they won't work, and if i take them agian to the original file they will work again

here is a link for the html file and it's java script:

https://mab.to/xU7nPX9Vp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont know what to look for in the developer tools

this is how it look when it works

Shaool5ECF_0-1610310060790.png

and this is how i looks when it doesn't work:

Shaool5ECF_1-1610310129075.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you scroll further up the developer tools you should see a set of tabs that includes Console. That's the one to look at. You didn't include the image files in your zip file, so I can see what it should have looked like, but I do get several "Not allowed to load local resource" errors.

By original exported file, do you mean the folder where you exported the zip file, or do you mean back on the student's computer? If it's where the zip file expanded to, what happens if you expand the zip to the other folder location, instead of moving the already expanded files there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about my computer. the wierd thing is, is that it applies only on specific files.

some files i can just move the HTML with the Java and it will work, while others wont work as soon as i change the location - including ziping them in the same folder.

some of my student reported this problem while others didn't and uploded the files and they worked 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I might have found the source of the problem, when I export the html it doesn't always export and images folder, do you know why?

Shaool5ECF_0-1610384197827.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you not just having them give you the FLA and republishing on your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can, and if i won't find a solution i will, but i want to give them an answear as to what's wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines