Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.mp4 file not animating video file

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Animate verison 22.0.2

It plays well in Animate when I test it, but when I exported my animate file as a video, H264, animation does not play.  Any ideas would be welcome!

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should animate on the main timeline, or use graphic symbols on the main timeline (not movieclips).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I'm still confused as to why when I test the movie or used the play button it animates fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My .mp4 files are opening in quicktime. Could this be the wrong player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I play the files or test the files in adobe animate they play as a .swf but when I export them as a .mp4 the animations don't play. (?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export first as a .mov file then take it into media encoder and then export it as a MP4 !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me when I export as a .mov file.  I get the message "The file isn't compatible with Quicktime player".  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nicktendo28 

usually gives good advice, but on this one i have my doubts after testing.  i still think you need a graphic with enough frames on the main timeline to display the graphic's timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nicktendo28 

i don't see any difference between exporting to an mp4 and exporting to a mov and then converting to mp4 in ame.

if you have a movieclilp, it fails both ways.  if you have a graphic, it works both ways.

do you see any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've go it. Thanks all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My timeline had to be the same length as the movieclip. Once I adjusted this on the main timeline it worked.

Thanks again all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

post the solution or mark the correct answer, if there is one so others can benefit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use Graphic symbols and make sure your main timeline has enough frames to accomodate the nested animations inside your Graphic symbol(s).

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines