• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My animation won't preview once I save the project

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to preview my project and I have started over for the 4th time. This time, I did not save and just kept working on the unsaved, untitled project and I published for every single change I made. Everything worked perfectly. When I decided to hit Save As, I just got a blank preview again. How can I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Animate adds random numbers when you Test Movie. For the final version it's a good idea to do a Publish, then you get the code without the numbers added.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "preview"?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I publish my project, I can't see anything in my browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's safe to assume this is an HTML5 Canvas document? What browser is opening by default? Are you sure you have content within the stage area?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, HTML5 Canvas and it opens in Chrome. I am positive! Like I said, I was publishing after every single little update I made in the untitled project, and it only stopped showing anything on the browser when I publish once I actually saved the project and gave it a name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A blank screen almost always means a JavaScript error. Bring up the dev console (F12). Check for error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok just some more details please. What is the width and height of your stage? I ask because sometimes the stage size is MUCH bigger than what the browser window allows you to see without scrolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide the FLA for us to test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found what the problem is... When I publish my animation, it has the wrong URL http://127.0.0.1:8090/300x250_deer-traxx.html?19796, but if I open the actual HMTL file, it uses the right URL and I can see my animation. Still weird, but that solves my problem. Thanks, everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just posted a link to your own hard drive. Animate automatically generates that when you test a movie, and it's very unlikely to be wrong.

Did you ever check the error console like I suggested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what Clay said - but what's with the "19796" numbers after the ".html" part?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate adds random numbers when you Test Movie. For the final version it's a good idea to do a Publish, then you get the code without the numbers added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, I posted that to show you what the problem was and my only solution for it is to open the html file that is generated. F12 doesn't bring anything up (bare with me, I am a noob) and the only warning I get when I publish is the usual "Frame numbers in EaselJS start at 0 instead of 1."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into this problem all of a sudden as well. I just get a blank white screen with nothing on it. I've done 10 ads before this one, all opened in Chrome just fine. But for some reason this new one I'm working on won't show anything in a browser.

Any suggestions? I'm really new at Animate, so you'll have to dumb it down a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often it's because you have used a spritesheet or a texture map, instead of images. Those have different security issues than if you use images. Either try your test from a server, or go into publishing settings and disable spritesheets and texture maps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@geoff-vssl It also could be due to max call stack size restriction in the latest version of Chrome in Windows.

Could you check the browser 'Console' by hitting F12 and see if there is any error. Let me know if there are any errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines