Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My eraser doesn’t work the way I erase

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I’m using Adobe Animate CC 2018 on  Windows 10

I‘m trying to erase my drawing but it doesn‘t work the way I’m erasing for example I want to erase a little part of my drawing (using the ereaser) but it erases the whole of it or even sometimes it doesn‘t erase , it change the shape of it....I did try to fix it by changing eraser mode , eraser shape , work with layers and..

but it wasn’t useful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

are you using something other than the mouse (eg, a drawing tablet)?

if yes, that's probably the issue.  you can try updating your drivers.  otherwise, you can try resetting your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure you're erasing a shape, not a symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it’s not a symbol but thanks anyway   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mention a few different scenarios, so maybe it would help to know what some of the expected behavior is with the Eraser tool.

it erases the whole of it

If you double-click on the Eraser tool, it'll delete everything on the Stage at that frame.

or even sometimes it doesn‘t erase

If the object you try to erase is a symbol, nothing will be erased unless you enter symbol-editing mode by double-clicking the symbol on the Stage, going to Edit > Symbols (Ctrl + E), or double-clicking on it from the Library.

it change the shape of it

When you apply the Eraser tool to a shape with a fill (which includes brush strokes made with the Brush tool that paints with a fill), Animate subtracts the shape of the Eraser from the fill shape.

When you apply the Eraser tool to a stroke (which can be the outline of a shape or a stroke drawn with the Line tool, the Pencil tool, or the Paint Brush tool), Animate removes the intersected portion of the path.

So I'm wondering if the issue might be some confusion between the Brush tool and Paint Brush tool, or something else. The only other possibility I can think of would be if you imported a bitmap and wanted to erase lines in that. You would need to break it apart to use the Eraser tool, but Animate would treat the bitmap like a filled shape. So, if that is what you're trying to do, you would need to do the erasing in a raster program like Photoshop.

If these examples don't help, can you post an image of what you're trying to erase and show the Properties panel, so we can see what kind of object it is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it but it still push the lines instead of erasing. Now I’m having the same problem with adobe illustrator and it’s really getting on my nerve. I don’t have any problem with erasing shapes but when I try to erase a path that I drew it just push them or make them different like if it’s a straight path it turn it to a curve path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using something other than the mouse (eg, a drawing tablet)?

if yes, that's probably the issue.  you can try updating your drivers.  otherwise, you can try resetting your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You helped me out thank you. I had to break bmp apart, the first time using this program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you try to erease an image, but you cant, then right click on the image> Break apart. Now your image will be a drawing which you can erease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines