• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My html canvas has a whitish background around its edges hw do i remove it.

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 6.21.57 PM.png

my html canvas has has a whitish background and also the file its self does not look sharp. any help would be good. I would like my html canvas file to look as sharp and clean like this. any ways to do it would be welcomeScreen Shot 2018-08-01 at 09.14.46.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Hi.

Make sure to:

- Check the responsive options in the Publish Settings;

- Use PNGs with 32 bit and JPEG with 100 quality if you are using spritesheets;

- In the Library panel, right-click your images and set them to have a lossless (PNG/GIF) compression and test if smoothing works best for you turned on or off.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Make sure to:

- Check the responsive options in the Publish Settings;

- Use PNGs with 32 bit and JPEG with 100 quality if you are using spritesheets;

- In the Library panel, right-click your images and set them to have a lossless (PNG/GIF) compression and test if smoothing works best for you turned on or off.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The canvas is rectangular. What your screenshot shows is not a rectangular whitish outline. This means the problem is your assets, not the canvas. The white outlines you have on your assets are because they were composed with antialiased edges against a white background. There are two ways to fix this. First, you can compose your assets without antialiased edges so they don't get color fringing. Second, you can save you assets as PNGs with an alpha channel (transparent background). This will allow your assets' edges to composite smoothly with whatever's behind them, at the cost of a slightly larger file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines