• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need urgent help converting my ActionScript project to HTML5 canvas. Will pay!

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

long story short, I haven't worked with Flash and Dreamweaver in 20 years so my knowledge is out of date. I've spent the last 3 weeks solid creating a website using ActionScript 3 only to find out that a Flash-based website cannot exist today since it's blocked on every browser. My startup team is relying on me to get this website up and running and I'm running out of time.

I've tried getting Animate to convert the project to HTML5 Canvas but all I get upon testing it is a blank black webpage with no animation whatsoever.

The original ActionScript project is nearly 700 frames and nowhere near finished, but clearly I need to make it in HTML5. If anyone is willing to give me 30 minutes of their time to assess why my project isn't converting and/or assess the errors I'm getting in order for me to continue in HTML5 instead, I'd be willing to pay $150 and meet you on Zoom.

Any takers? I'm genuinely desperate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold up. Serious question. How did you manage to miss the last several years of literally hundreds if not thousands of tech and mainstream news articles on Adobe and all browser makers killing off the Flash plug-in? Heck, how did you manage to work for three weeks and not once test in any browser? In fact, given that Flash has never worked on iOS devices, who in their right mind would try to develop an all-Flash site anymore at all?

This is all just too improbable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a web developer or a graphic designer, hence being out of the game for over 20 years. I'm a music composer, I write music for film and games, I haven't once needed to even consider flash in any form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your question, Flash is the last thing I knew 20 years ago. I had a vision on what I wanted my website to be/do and based on archaic knowledge I turned to the only thing I knew. I originally tried HTML5 Canvas and didn't understand how none of what I tried to do worked, so I then tried ActionScript where it did work. Again, clearly stating my ignorance many times here, I didn't know ActionScript was Flash. Given that Adobe CC offers ActionScript as a project option I assumed it was what now replaced Flash, but worked the same

I cannot emphasise enough here, I don't know what I'm doing. I assumed that was clear from my post, hence using the forum for help..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you should do is not use Animate. The era of the "Flash website" is long dead, for good reason. They're terrible for accessibility and don't scale well to mobile devices. You should go to the Dreamweaver forum and ask for help there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines