• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects are moved to armature layer

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create an armature using the bone tool, all of the objects (drawings imported from Illustrator) I draw the bones over seem to move to the armature layer. As a result, hiding the armature layer hides the objects/drawings that they're attached to.

This also prevents me from editing the different objects' layers individually, as they are all on the same layer.

This does not seem normal to me.

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, same problem happens to me. All the objects and layers are flattened into one armature layer. 

I have the latest version and I already tried quitting the program and re-opening it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same problem, did you ever find a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normal behavior. All layers merge on the armature layer when using the bone tool. It's a fairly limited tool. Use layer parenting instead which will keep the layers editable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is to avoid the bone tool in Animate. Instead, install the Flanimate plugin for Animate, and enjoy a proper rigging system. Layer parenting has its fair share of issues as well, btw.

https://flash-powertools.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the objects are being parented to the armature layer. This means that they will move with the armature bones, and they will also be hidden when the armature layer is hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is how i fix this issue: This would cause the objects to move with the armature and hide when the armature layer is hidden.

To attach your objects to the armature without parenting them, follow these steps:

1. Select your armature object.
    2. Select the objects you want to attach.
    3. Shift-click the armature object to add it to the selection.
    4. Press Ctrl+P and select "Armature Deform" from the menu.
    5. Check the "Vertex Groups" checkbox.
    6. Click "Assign."

This will attach your objects to the armature without parenting them, so they will no longer move with the armature and will not hide when the armature layer is hidden. You will also be able to edit the different objects' layers individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ctrl+P Armature deform? This isn't Blender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines