• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open HTML file upon creation

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working in Adobe Animate for a while now and have always been able to publish and open the created HTML file immediately into my default browser with the shortcut key command + return. Upon updating my Mac to Sonoma, animate no longer opens the HTML file in my browser. I now have to go to the file in Finder and manually open it. I can not find the setting that allows me to change this within Adobe Animate. Is there a setting I can change this on or is there another possible issue?

TOPICS
How to , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can edit your animate keyboard shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What function would I adjust the keyboard shortcut for? Normally, publishing the file would result in the creation of the HTML file which would automatically open in safari. But even using the current shortcut keys for publishing (opt+shift+f12) the files are created but do not open in the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

depends.  what's the kb shortcut (if there is one) that's assigned to what you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually, I press command & return. It used to publish the file and also automatically open it in safari. But now all it does is publish the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same problem! I'm training a team member on HTML ads and when I hit cmd + return, mine publishes and automatically opens in Chrome.

When she hits cmd + return it just publishes, but doesn't open in browser. She has to manually open the HTML file like you are explaining. 

Wondering if you ever figured this out? I can't find a setting or anything in "publish settings."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kathleen29605933r2mk 

did you see your animate keyboard shortcut to do what you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still haven't figured it out, I couldn't find any shortcut keys or anything in the setting that's related to opening the HTML upon creation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kristen23839001kt3p 

did you click edit > keyboard shortcuts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

This is a known issue that happens in recent versions of Animate.

The workaround is to open the HTML manually or to setup a local server.

The Animate team has already been told about it but so far no solution.

You can help telling the developers about it through the link below:
https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines