• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening UNIX Executable Adobe Animate File?

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First just want to apologize if I'm not posting to the right place, this is my first time ever posting anything on this site, so please be patient.

Basically, I was up until 1:30 last night working on an animated project. There was an error earlier on so I made sure to save and to save frequently for the entire length of time I was working. Finally I saved one last time and tried to export. I got an error message. I tried to close the error window but my whole screen was frozen. It then suddenly closed, and when I reopened it the file, to my horror, had been reduced from 338 mb to 48 mb. Every time I opened it, the error message, "An error has occured opening file "blahblahblah"," and when I checked my folder for a recovered save file, there were none in Application Support/Adobe/Animate 2021/en_US/Configuration/TMP which is just splendid.

I have a data recovery software, so I ran that to see if it would reveal an older save file. Didn't work, but I did managed to find some Adobe Animate Unix Executables that were made around the same time as my last save. I was wondering if maybe these held the key to opening my corrupted file, but I don't know a successful way to open them. I can't attach it to here but the file extension is .AdobeAnimateCCS3uEKDmy42856343. I will be able to provide a screenshot however.

I have another save file that's pretty far back and recovering the other file would save me tons of time with c o l o r i n g which is something I really don't want to have to do again. Any suggestions would be helpful, regarding data recovery or the Unix Executable. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Error , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in the future when you save your work, save with increasing version number so this doesn't happen again (in any app).  eg, project1_v000, project1_v001 etc.

you can try renaming your corrupt fla to a rar > use winrar to repair it > rename the repaired rar to a fla and see if it opens in animate.  you can also unrar the renamed fla to see if there are any recoverable assets.

kglad_0-1605538995630.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines