Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OT: Flash Professional CC is now live!

LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Flash Professional CC is here! http://blogs.adobe.com/flashpro/2013/05/14/what-is-flash-pro-cc/

You can now start downloading your application. Do go over my notes before you proceed http://forums.adobe.com/message/5418352

Updates to #CreativeCloud are now available!  Get the new CC apps now http://adobe.ly/126DWkG

Link to team blog for more information:  http://adobe.ly/1anrzZb

Thank you for your being such a patient forum. We are as excited as you are!

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam and others! I just saw that Ajar made this free extension for Flash CChttp://ajarproductions.com/blog/2013/07/03/transferring-tween-eases-to-flash-pro-cc/

"EaseCaddy lets you save, apply, export, and import custom eases (which make animations beautiful and believable)."

It may help some! And hopefully more extensions will come for the missing CC features.

I miss the main tools panel with a one-click icon to save, since autosave is removed too. Quite cumbersome while drawing to either click file-> save or to use keyboard shortcuts for me. I seem to use CS6 90% of the time still allthough I quite like CC too much to change there, but hopefully solutions will turn up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Helen,

I ll try it out. Thanks!

If it will work and if there will be also a solution for the "simplified PSD import" - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1238722 - I might finally be able to use CC

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Ajar has a page for "extension requests" so make a request there maybe? Seems like a real useful extension to make.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The removal of the motion editor is an absolute disaster!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

feature request - authortime sharing

I notice authortime sharing was removed from flash pro CC. This is the only missing feature holding back my company from upgrading to the newest version of flash pro. I understand adobe bases decisions on the aggregate, but I figured I'd get my request in and hope there are enough similar requests. I started a new thread, and a response pointed me to the feature request form (which I submitted), but another response left me doubtful of the form's relevance.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5520896

Authortime sharing is the glue that holds our asset pipeline together, and we're very disappointed to see the Authortime Sharing section has been removed from the Symbol Properties dialog box. To be clear, we do NOT use flash pro projects. We only use the ability to share a symbol from a source file (and the "Update automatically" checkbox.)

Any of the artists can make changes in one of the "shared assets" xfls, and those changes will automatically propagate to the production xfls which use those assets before they are compiled (in fact, as soon as they are opened - we use the "Update automatically" checkbox.) It's a huge waste of time (and error-prone) to manually copy over assets from one of the "shared assets" xfls to each production xfl that uses the assets, every time an artist makes a small change.

We thought about using runtime shared libraries for the shared assets, but concluded authortime sharing is better, for 2 main reasons.  First, the artists find it indispensable to be able to preview and work with the shared assets within the production xfls. Second, since the shared assets are compiled into the production swfs, only the 1 swf file needs to be loaded by visitors to our site; we've found that each additional asset load has some small chance of failure. It's quite odd runtime shared libraries were included in flash pro CC, but not authortime sharing.

I hope adobe adds this crucial feature back, or we'll be stuck with CS6, and we really do like the much faster, more responsive experience of CC. I'm curious what gave them the impression authortime sharing is not an important feature. It seems like they're serious about the future of flash pro, and authortime sharing is necessary to use it in our production pipeline. Does anyone else use this feature? Does anyone else know how to get through to adobe with this kind of feedback?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Disable Keyboard Shortcuts" option while Testing a Movie seems to be missing in Flash Pro CC. This option used to be in the "Control" menu of the SWF window while testing a movie, but the "File", "View", "Control" and "Debug" menus are completely missing in Flash Pro CC.

The inability to "Disable Keyboard Shortcuts" makes it impossible to test games that use ENTER, period or comma as a keyboard controls, because these keys are the keyboard shortcuts for "Play", "Step Forward One Frame" and "Step Backward On Frame" respectively and so these keys navigate the timeline and completely break the gameplay.

Please, please, please restore the ability to "Disable Keyboard Shortcuts"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUG - in flash pro CC, 'bold' and 'italic' properties of TextFormat have no effect on the rendered text

Concise problem statement:

If you compile with flash pro CC, and use the 'setTextFormat' method of a TextField, the 'bold' and 'italic' properties of the TextFormat argument have no effect on the rendered text. If you compile with flash pro CS6, the 'bold' and 'italic' properties work as expected.

Apparently, with flash pro CC, the only way to make the text render correctly is to change the font name (add the suffix ' Bold', ' Italic', or ' Bold Italic'.) This means code which dynamically changes font styles only works in CS6 or CC, but not both. For example, if you use the 'bold' property the text renders bold in CS6 and regular in CC, whereas if you change the font name to add the suffix ' Bold', the text renders bold in CC and DOES NOT RENDER at all in CS6. This makes it difficult to transition a team from CS6 to CC.

Steps to reproduce bug:

1. Create an xfl with 2 TextFields on the stage, both with font "Trebuchet MS" and style "regular", one named boldTrueText containing the String "bold = true", one named fontNameText containing the String "fontName = Trebuchet MS Bold". Create 2 more TextFields on the stage for visual reference, both with font "Trebuchet MS", one with style "regular", one with style "bold".

2. Add the following code to the Actions panel on frame 1:

import flash.text.TextFormat;

import flash.text.Font;

var format:TextFormat = boldTrueText.getTextFormat();

format.bold = true;

boldTrueText.setTextFormat(format);

format = fontNameText.getTextFormat();

format.font = "Trebuchet MS Bold";

fontNameText.setTextFormat(format);

var fonts:Array = Font.enumerateFonts(), count:int = fonts.length;

for (var i:int = 0; i < count; i++) {

var font:Font = fonts;

trace("fontName: " + font.fontName + ", fontStyle: " + font.fontStyle);

}

3. Save, and compile with flash pro CS6 and flash pro CC.

Results:

With flash pro CS6, "bold = true" renders bold, and "fontName = Trebuchet MS Bold" DOES NOT RENDER.

With flash pro CS6, the following is traced:

fontName: Trebuchet MS, fontStyle: bold

fontName: Trebuchet MS, fontStyle: regular

With flash pro CC, "bold = true" renders regular, and "fontName = Trebuchet MS Bold" renders bold.

With flash pro CC, the following is traced:

fontName: Trebuchet MS Bold, fontStyle: bold

Expected results:

The same text is rendered in both flash pro CS6 and CC. I don't know why this behavior was changed in flash pro CC - it causes silent failures in code which dynamically changes font styles. I expected the flash pro CS6 behavior to remain the same in CC, like so:

With flash pro CC, "bold = true" renders bold, and "fontName = Trebuchet MS Bold" DOES NOT RENDER.

If you don't want to break backward compatibility (any further), you could make both the behaviors work in flash pro CC, like so:

With flash pro CC, "bold = true" renders bold (font is still "Trebuchet MS"), and "fontName = Trebuchet MS Bold" renders bold also.

fontName: Trebuchet MS Bold, fontStyle: bold

I submitted this bug with the bug form, and also with adobe bugbase (in case it isn't obsolete) - I'm just trying to maximize my chances of getting a fix.  Has anyone else encountered this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you use a textFormat tag in the htmlText itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the exact same results as above. I changed the code to:

boldTrueText.htmlText = "<font face='Trebuchet MS'><b>bold = true</b></font>";

fontNameText.htmlText = "<font face='Trebuchet MS Bold'>font = Trebuchet MS Bold</font>";

var fonts:Array = Font.enumerateFonts(), count:int = fonts.length;

for (var i:int = 0; i < count; i++) {

var font:Font = fonts;

trace("fontName: " + font.fontName + ", fontStyle: " + font.fontStyle);

}

I assume this is what you meant - the <textformat> tag doesn't allow me to change font or style.

Apparently, flash pro CC uses different font names to denote style and ignores the 'bold' and 'italic' properties of TextFormat (and ignores <b> and <i> tags in htmlText.) Conversely, flash pro CS6 respects the 'bold' and 'italic' properties (and <b> and <i> tags) and does NOT use different font names for those styles (so if you do use different font names, the font is undefined and nothing renders.)

This guarantees code which dynamically changes font styles will break in either CC or CS6 - CC is NOT backwards compatible in terms of fonts.  This creates a big problem for say, a localization system that dynamically changes fonts and styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm am having this same issue.  Did you happen to find a work around?  I've already got in pretty deep with CC before I realized that my dynamic fonts from xml have font face issues.

<font face='Arial'><b>text</b></font>

I asssume that for CC it'll need to be changed to <font face='Arial Bold'>text</font>

If so this is a serious pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, the only work around I've found is to dynamically change font face.  I embed the font, export an as3 font class, instantiate the font class in my code, and use its fontName property.  I also use its fontStyle property to determine whether or not to add <b>, <i> using htmlText (bold = true, italic = true using TextFormat) - those tags have no effect for CC but are necessary for CS6, and I compile with both.

I created a thread for this bug a while ago, but I don't think anyone is taking it seriously.  Apparently, I'm just doing it wrong - everybody knows working with embedded fonts is confusing in flash. 

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5549233

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn... I was just so happy there is a bone-tool in Flash and was even watching tutorials in it to use it in my animations... just found out it's gone in Flash CC.

I want to use the inverse kinematics for animating characters (bending knees and stuff)

Anybody knows of any alternative tools or is there some known workaround for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For animation just stay with Flash CS6 instead. I don´t see any reason to switch to CC for that. Dragon Bones as an extensipn to CC does have some kind of bones but is not really a replacement for bone tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trick Or Script also has a robust Bone tool. Check them out at http://www.trickorscript.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I think it is great that you removed the bandwidth profiler. It was always getting in my way! I could never get anything done, what with being easily able to test my projects, and all. Now that simulating a download has become a harrowing nightmare, I can get back to work!

Could you please deprecate the shape tool, too? I prefer to use OpenType glyphs.

Keep up the good work, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder how Adobe makes these choices to just "throw out stuff" which a lot of users (paying clients!) seem to use...

The good thing is that they can put things back in now since the cloud stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to use as2 just use Flash Pro CS6, included in the cloud or standalone license. Or some other Flash IDE, it´s not a problem I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2013 Dec 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Motion Editor: I would like to know if others miss this as much as I do.

I come from 3D character animation (Pixar style) and use this tool like crazy because I'm used to modifying animation through graph editors.

The Motion Editor was somewhat difficult to use, but was worth it because it's the very best way I could make my Flash animation look like professional animation and not "Flash-y."

That's because I can actually control timing, how long something takes to move, stop, start, etc., which is how I get the feeling of weight and naturalistic movement in my characters.

I'm not particularly interested in keeping CS6 on my machine; I'd rather just move forward.

I'm just one user, but I would LOVE to see this feature brought back into CC.

At this point - in the middle of a professional job - I see my only alternatives as trying out the puppet tools in AE, and if I can't get the control I need there, going on to a better 2D animation tool.

That's too bad, because I had really hoped to keep moving on with Flash as my animation tool of choice. I really love Adobe and Flash's ability to integrate with Adobe, especially with Illustrator.

So, if my one voice makes any difference at all, my request is to PLEASE return the Motion Editor to Flash CC. I've always been certain that I'm one of a small minority using it, but I do use it quite heavily and in fact NEED it if I am to continue in Flash (which I've been using six years since CS3).

Thanks,

ianalexh (Animated Critic)

p.s. I had had high hopes for the IK / bones tools as well, but they never reached the control I need there either, so I never used them.

p.p.s. If there are other places I can post this opinion, where my opinion might make a difference, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alexanderflash: try Anime Studio Pro instead for your animation. It exports to swf if needed. I've switched ages ago to AS Pro from Flash for my animation needs.

The timeline offers a proper motion graph curve editor, and is many, many times more powerful and convenient to use than the motion editor in Flash ever was.

The inverse kinematics and bones system is comparable to 3d applications like Maya, but geared towards quick 2d character setups. Smart bones are available for quick secondary animation like tails. Controller bone systems can be setup for easy facial expression controls, poses and actions can be set, and much, much more. There is just no comparison to the old Flash bones system.

Quick layer switching is also implemented.

A real 2.5d camera is supported which allows you to fly through your scene in true 3d easily.

It's brilliant for 2d/2.5d animation, and you owe it to yourself to check it out!

You may want to wait for Christmas time - Smith Micro usually does special deals around that time, and it can save you some money.

Some examples made with Anime Studio Pro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg9FG4MubQY&hq_e=el&hq_m=1253325&hq_l=14&hq_v=36e2f0ebb1  (also Poser used in this production)

http://anime.smithmicro.com/videos/murklorpurklor.html

The only caveat is their trial policy - you must enter a credit card to download the trial, I believe. Not so good - the software is brilliant, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 28, 2013 Dec 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More panels and tools will be developed by third party for CC I think. Here is one for motion control. Did not test but could be a solution for the missing editor.

http://nipunasthana.wordpress.com/2013/12/21/motion-help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 28, 2013 Dec 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news: EDAP updated their tools CC.

http://flash-powertools.com/category/edap-tools-v2/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you help me with the update for flash pro cc, I keep getting an error that update failed... U43M1D204

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Flash Pro CC 2014 (v 14.0.0.110) is now available for download via the Creative Cloud App.

We have included back a new revamped Motion Editor, Projector Export, Object Level Undo along with several other entirely new features like Variable Width Strokes with Tweening, SVG Export, Publishing for WebGL, Kuler Panel, HTML5 based Extensions etc. with this release of Flash Pro.

Complete list of New features in Flash Pro CC 2014 is available at these links:

Overview:         https://www.adobe.com/in/products/flash.html

Whats new:      https://helpx.adobe.com/flash/using/whats-new.html

Release Notes: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash/release-note/flash-professional-cc-2014.html

Videos:           https://helpx.adobe.com/in/flash.html

Thanks,

Nipun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nipun, Any chance of getting the bandwidth profiler back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, the pin script features was removed in the script window. Whenever I clicked the object on stage the script window also refresh showing empty. It is really so troublesome to enter object properties like X, Y, rotation and etc value into code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines