• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pencil tool is missing in Animate 2020

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Pencil tool is completely absent in my version of Animate 2020. I'm working through the tutorials in the Animate 2020 release of Classroom in a Book. That's when I noticed the Pencil tool is missing ... in both ActionScript 3 and HTML5 Canvas. I assume it's supposed to be there. I saw some other postings here about the Pencil tool not working quite right, but mine is just not there.

Is there anything I can do to get it back?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooops. I stumbled across the solution. A post for another problem mentioned something about the workspace.I reset the Essentials workspace and the Pencil tool appeared.

When I started the Animate CIB book, it mentioned you could edit the workpace. I clicked the Edit button but I didn't think I changed anything. Maybe I did accidentallly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you reset the Essentials Workspace. My pen just randomly dissappeared this morning. I am not doing any of the tutorial stuff though. 
When I do press Y to bring up pencil tool. It just brings up a brush and when I draw, it makes dotted lines and when I let go, it fills in the line. Now it is indeed a line (which is what I want) but where the heck did the pencil tool go?

I restarted, deleted and reinstalled and nope. Nothing. It was there yesterday and gone today. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The design looks like it has changed. Essentials can be chosen from the workspace icon in the upper right of the Animate window, and to the right of that is a curved arrow icon, that will reset the workspace.

Or you can use Window/Workspaces/Reset "Essentials".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines