• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Play/Pause button on top of HTML5 Canvas Video Component?

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having enormous trouble getting a simple play button to show on top of a video Component.

I've tried pulling an image in and converting it into a symbol, and using JavaScript snippets to make it function as a play button, but I can't seem to get it to show on top of the video.

When I use the User Interface Components, they seem to show on top of the video, but I can't get it to react through JavaScript.

What I ultimately want is a video Component with an animated GIF as poster image, with a large play button on top, and when you play the video, a functional pause button shows when you hover your mouse over the video. Does anyone know a method where I could get that result?

Maybe I'm bad at searching for solutions myself, but I haven't found any method which works.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Hi.

The HTML5 Canvas components all exist in the DOM and overlay the Animate canvas element. So there really isn't a way to overlay canvas-based assets atop a video component instance.

You could *hide* the component until the user clicks something... would that work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

The HTML5 Canvas components all exist in the DOM and overlay the Animate canvas element. So there really isn't a way to overlay canvas-based assets atop a video component instance.

You could *hide* the component until the user clicks something... would that work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you customize the controls then? I need to remove some of the buttons and change the playback rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines