• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playing consecutive Movie Clips on a single timeline.

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Adobe Animate/ HTML5 Canvas.

On a single MAIN timeline, I have multiple Movie Clips ( each with a good 5 second animation within each).

I'd like my movie to be able to play each Movie Clip all the way through, consecutively.

Is there some action to place on the final frame of each clip that will allow them all to play one after another?

Thank you!

SS.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Yes, that can easily be done as follows:

1 Place your animated Movieclips on the main timeline on consecutive frames.

2 Also write 'this.stop()' in Actions panel on each of the keyframes on Main timeline.

3 Go inside each animated Movieclip, create a new layer named Actions, insert a keyframe at the last frame and put 'this.parent.play();' script in the Actions panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that can easily be done as follows:

1 Place your animated Movieclips on the main timeline on consecutive frames.

2 Also write 'this.stop()' in Actions panel on each of the keyframes on Main timeline.

3 Go inside each animated Movieclip, create a new layer named Actions, insert a keyframe at the last frame and put 'this.parent.play();' script in the Actions panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same question, but when I tried to apply this answer to a project in Animate 2019 v 19.2.1, the result is not what I expected, when I hit CTRL-ENTER.

I get to see the animation in a loop and thus only the first frame of each movie clip keyframe is displayed.

Each movie clip is very simple. Image goes from point A to B in a straight line and that's it.

Any input is welcome. I have a long animation with 60+ movie clips and this would be a perfect solution for me.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines