Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playing flv files from dvd drive...

Engaged ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I've been working with Flash for some time, but have never attempted to run a Flash project from a dvd drive, I thought it would be seamless, but of course, it was not. I have an e-learning project with a Main.html, Main.swf, and many .flvs sitting in various folders. Using Flash Builder, I compiled everything to my bin-release folder, tested it, and everything was running smoothly, no complaints. When I dropped all those files on a dvd, the Main.html loads up the Main.swf, but NONE of the .flv files load. Moreover, when I copy all the files from the dvd to my computer, I see the same results where none of the .flv's load.

Can anyone explain to me why this is going on? Is there something I need to do to the .flv files in order to make them play from a dvd drive?

Thanks for your help, very confused,

~Chipleh

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

I have made a dvd where I got a 6gB f4v file with multiple chapters running inside an air application, there is no trick other than that you use relative linking your Flash Videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a dvd where I got a 6gB f4v file with multiple chapters running inside an air application, there is no trick other than that you use relative linking your Flash Videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply moccamaximum,

That's what I thought too, "no trick other than that you use relative linking your Flash Videos" - which is why I'm confused as to why nothing loads. Works fine locally, works on the server, play from disk = fail! Nothing loads where it's supposed, aside from the Main.swf into Main.html, but I don't see any errors either, which is also completely puzzling.

Quite frustrating at the moment, as I don't even know what to really search for, based on the fact that I have no idea what the underlying problem is.

Stupid computers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to "make it go", I had to modify the Flash Player Settings Manager/Trusted Location Settings and add my D:\ drive to the Trusted File or Folder Location. Now everything is hunky dorey.

Is there a way around this security layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you distribute your project on dvd it could be possible to target AIR (AIR has none of  Flashs local security issues) and use AIRs htmlLoader Capabilities to make a "homebrew" Browser (there should even be some frameworks out there you can use for that)

You would basically use AIR as a glorified Preloding Engine for your Htmls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines