• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNGs exported from Photoshop are causing major glitches when imported into Animate

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE HELP!

I have a massive project deadline and am about to miss it because of this issue. 

When I export pngs from photoshop and import them into adobe, then animate them, major glitching ensues. Not all pngs seem to be corrupted immediately- sometimes they work at first and start glitching later, and sometimes the glitch is immediate. The glitch appears as both the timeline player lagging and rapid flashing in and out of the image. The images are 1080x1080, so not too large. 

I have uninstalled/ reinstalled older versions of both Animate and Photoshop. I have reset all preferences, updated Mac OS (now it's Ventura 13.2.1). I have plenty of storage/ disk space and have been animating complex animations for months before this problem started. I have been in multiple adobe help chats, given them remote control over my computer all to no avail. 

I have attached a quick video illustrating the glitching problem.

Any and all help is so greatly appreciated– I have been working nonstop trying to fix this for days. 

mac specs: 

Processor: 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Memory: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please don't post duplicate messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Processor: 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Memory: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

This is not relevant information. How are you exporting the PNGs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An adobe assistant asked for this information so I thought I'd provide it here. 

Exporting the pngs as Photoshop > export as > saving at 1080x1080 with transparency> in a folder on desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you double check that the exported images are indeed 1080x1080 pixels? Go to the library, select a bitmap and choose Properties from the contextual menu: 

Mario_CR_0-1677561706987.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

Besides of what @Mario_CR suggested, try converting all motion tweens to classic tweens or even to frame-by-frame animation (right-click the tweens and select Convert to Frame-by-Frame Animation).

It`s just a guess but maybe it's affecting the bitmaps somehow.

Regards,
JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines