• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preloader in HTML5

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help me understand how to use the built-in preloader function in adobe animate when exporting an HTML5 file.  I have used preloaders before in Flash 8 actionscript 2, no problem.  But I want to try a preloader in a document I create in HTML5 to view in browser.  I have checked the preloader button in publish settings and even clicked on preview but I don't see anything happen.  When I run the html file in a browser, I see no preloader.  My file is not that big but certainly would be big enough for a preloader to not just speed through it so fast that I don't see anything.  So can you tell me how to preview a preloader and make sure it is working.  I assume that I upload the image folder that contains the preloader graphic(s) as well as the html file and js file (assuming they are not published as a single html file).

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All HTML5 Canvas documents are preloaded by default and without exception. What the publish settings incorrectly calls a "preloader" is actually just a throbber-- a looping animated GIF that it throws up on the screen while preloading is happening.

That being said, if you're not seeing the image you've specified, then either the project is loading immediately (likely if you're running from the local file system), or something's wrong with the image (less likely). I'd recommend loading the stage with some very large and/or very numerous image files to force loading to take longer. If that doesn't work, find a web host to test it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope my last reply got to you properly.  I think I replied to myself instead of you.  In case you did read it and wanted to see what file I was referring to, it is here and it is reasonably small so maybe doesn't really show any pre-loader cause it loads fast.  It might be different for you so:

5_second_quiz_genetics1

(this is just a test file and not necessarily what I would use on my website)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the answer to your question, but linking to a similar discussion where this topic has been dealt with previously here.

Preload Spinner or Loading Bar for Adobe Animate CC HTML5 Project

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The link does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ClayUUID, thank you for the reply.

So they are pre-loaded by default, no need for me to specify the need for a pre-loader.  I have uploaded my files to a server and while my father said when he tested for me that he got a small delay before it displayed, I haven't had any delay.  I should make sure I don't have the webpage in cache but I'm sure it was like that the very first time I uploaded the file and then viewed it in chrome.

I agree, it might be that the project is so small it loads very fast and I am on a fast internet connection.  In Flash pro 8 I used to be able to test the preloader and that was helpful.  I could try your suggestion of making a larger file.  I didn't expect to see any real preloading when I test locally (although Flash 8 gave me the opportunity for that) but I did expect it when uploaded to server.

I would like a pre-loader to show while the page loads for visitors to know it is pre-loading like I used to do.   I will continue to research this and may be back with more questions.  Until then, thank you very much and any other info you want to share would be great.

- Elliott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines