• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent the textfield from resizing

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2006 Jun 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I prevent a textfield from resizing when I would resize it's container movieclip? Instead of the tf scaling with the mc I want it to just stay the same.

Help anyone?
TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 09, 2006 Jun 09, 2006
Thank you for replying to my question and after a couple of hours I was able to figure it out.

windowmc.bgmc
windowmc.textfield

Im creating a pop up window with a text field in it and then I attached a handle mc on the lower right corner of the window movieclip as a resize handle. So whenever I would stretch my window movieclip it wont affect the textfield. I resolved it by resizing the bgmc inside the windowmc instead of just the windowmc(which will affect the textfield).

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole point of nesting objects (like textfields inside MovieClips) is to group them together so you can act on them as a group. There is probably a better way to accomplish what you want. If you describe it in more detail, folks here would be able to help more easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying to my question and after a couple of hours I was able to figure it out.

windowmc.bgmc
windowmc.textfield

Im creating a pop up window with a text field in it and then I attached a handle mc on the lower right corner of the window movieclip as a resize handle. So whenever I would stretch my window movieclip it wont affect the textfield. I resolved it by resizing the bgmc inside the windowmc instead of just the windowmc(which will affect the textfield).

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

windowmc.bgmc
windowmc.textfield

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines