• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with lipsynching

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just started learning to use Animate and I want to lip-synch an already rigged character. Inside of the head-layer everything works but on the outside it seems like the keyframes from inside of the head layer are at the completely wrong timing. It worked at first but as soon as i added a keyframe for bodymovement everything got mixed up (I rigged the character then did the facial expressions and the lipsynch and then wanted to do the bodymovements). Now when i open up the head layer from the first frame on the rigging layer then its on frame 50 or something on the head layer. It may have something to do with the loop-options but I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks in advance 🙂

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the audio's sync property set to stream (not event)?  click the layer/keyframe with the audio and check the properties panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the reply, yes I checked it's set to stream. It worked completely fine until i set the first keyframe for the rigged body outside the head-layer... it looks like it's playing some set keyframes from inside of the head-layer in the time from the first frame to the first keyframe made with the rigged body (the face shouldn't move there at all..).

so the face is moving before the audio even starts.. but when the audio starts the lipsynch and facial movements are almost the same as i set them.. with some glitches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have nested animations, the nested objects must be graphic symbols, not movieclips to maintain timing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, that's also already the case. Before using the bone-tool for rigging i put every part of my character as a graphic symbol in my library.

Would it change anything if i did the Bodymovements first and the lipsynch after that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is a goof tutorial on lip sync. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qnBoeVFqSg&t=12s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks I also used that tutorial. 🙂

I solved the Problem (well kind of).

It seems like my workflow was the Problem. If I had done the body movements before the lipsynch I wouldn't have had the Problem... Although I find it a bit weird that it wouldn't work the other way around.

here is a goof tutorial on lip sync. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qnBoeVFqSg&t=12s

By @Nicktendo28

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines