Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Properties panels interface doesn't resize properly

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!
I've been using Adobe Animate for quite a few years now and I remember having this same issue when the 2020 version was first released.

Now this may be just a matter of changing some settings I'm not aware of in this version, but the properties panel interface does not resize when I shrink the panel, causing the full range of options to not be accessible. When open at full size so that the sliders and options are fully visible, it's a little too large for comfort. I don't know if this was intended or if it is a bug, but I think it'd be nice if the sliders could change size with the panel, like what already happens with the swatches panel. If there's a setting for that already, I'd also like to know! I already have the UI look set as "Compact" and the preferences set to "Expert user".
Apologies if I'm not making the issue too clear, English isn't the language I use for Animate and I'm not sure I'm using the correct technical terms here haha. Here are pictures to show you what I mean.

animate resizing issue.png

I'm using Adobe Animate 21.0 on Windows 10.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Byona,

I have create a post to talk about this problem but nobody seems to understand...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/animate-ui-2020-2021/m-p/11602318?page=1#M337599

but I am happy to see that I am not the only one to recognize this bug
I think they are redesigning their interface for large screens and too bad for full HD ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the bump. Frustrating that nobody is understanding your issue when it is shown so clearly. So far this has been disastrous for my workflow as I have to pause whenever I want to change brush size to make the panel wide enough to see. The panel also does not automatically close meaning i can only see a tiny portion of my canvas at a time unless i spend one more click to minimize it (even though the option to do that automatically is activated). This is awful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, do you have a version of Animate that you prefer that dosent have these issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ! in Animate 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sample.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is only on the PROPERTIES PANEL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. This is very undesirable. One step forward and 3 steps back. The properties panel is overrun with extra space. It’s incredibly difficult to navigate. I can’t downgrade to 2019 and below because creative cloud has removed the option.  If the developers actually use the programs this thread wouldn’t be necessary. An option to switch to classic layout should be available to long time flash users. My theory is they let go of the veterans and hired a young generation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines