• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

published HTML file won't play in browser. WHY!?!?!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built a basic HTML5 banner in Adobe Animate CC 2015.1 Release.

NOT EDGE ANIMATE.

I click Command+Enter to export files and automatically preview it in Chrome and it works flawlessly.

Then I drag THE EXACT SAME HTML FILE that was just exported into THE EXACT SAME CHROME BROWSER and it will not play.

Why? How am I suppose to send the banners to the client to preview if nothing works outside of the Animate CC environment.

This is insanely maddening.

TOPICS
Product issue , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

You'll find that question has come up a lot here. It's to do with browser security issues, if you are using JSON files they have to be on a server somewhere. When you do a test from Animate, it sets up a temporary server, so that it will work even if you have used JSON.

You may not know what JSON is, or think that you have used it, but one thing that does use it is spritesheets. If you want your test to work by double clicking the HTML file, go into publishing settings and deselect the option to

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

like i said, with command+enter you publish it in animate - normally after clicking "publish" the browser gives you a preview on how it will look online. The HTML file works perfectly fine, my problem is the browser isnt popping up for the preview when I click "publish". 

File server is just another workaround but I want to do it with the shortcut as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why would your browser open when you click publish in animate?  that doesn't try to open anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont get your question, sorry

again: normally in animate when you publish an HTML file by clicking "publish" or use the shortcut, the browser opens automatically showing a preview of the HTML Banner. That function dont work anymore and i dont know why...

I hope that was a bit clear from my side

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you click file>publish and your browser (used to open)?

kglad_0-1697035902653.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Are you running Animate on macOS Sonoma? If so, I've just got an answer from the team telling me that this OS is not supported yet and that they are tracking this issue internally.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sonoma 14.0  yes.

ah thanks for the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines