Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"A Javascript Error Occurred" with no additional explanation

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm working on a project for school that involves some simple animation and basic scripting on a HTML 5 canvas. My issue is that when I go to test the animation, I get a "A javascript error occured" message, and I'm at a loss as to what could be causing it.

I have some scripting in actions, but even if I completley delete this scripting, I still get the error message when testing the movie. I saw that there was another post with the same error message a few years back, and their fix was to restart animate, restart the computer and try unchecking "export image assets" under publish settings.

javascript error.png

I'm at a loss! 

TOPICS
Code , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you attempt this on a different computer - do you recieve the same error message? It may be this particular installation has issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've got another machine with Animate 2022 installed and I get the exact same message unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It likely has more to do with the file itself then... one thing to try: File > Convert To... > ActionsScript 3.0 - once that file is created, convert it back to HTML5 Canvas to see whether he conversion fixes any file-based problem. The original file will be preserved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, I have converted it to Actionscript 3.0, and back to HTML 5, but I'm still getting the same Javascript error message when testing or trying to publish the animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this ever solved? I am having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fortunalight 

comment out all your code and insert an initial empty keyframe on your main timeline.  test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still getting the same error. I cannot preview or publish my document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

save with a name.

then remove half the main timeline frames

test

if that triggers the same error, remove the half of the main timeline.

test

results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines