• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Request] Horizontal Properties Window

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In older versions of Flash Professional, the properties window had a horizontal layout, as you can see in this screenshot:

02fig05.jpg

For maximum customizability in the interface, I believe having a feature to toggle between this layout and the current, vertical layout would be awesome. Much like how the tools panel currently adapts orientation based on it’s position.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

That was a long time ago, and since then Flash Pro was rewritten as a 64 bit app. Also, the panels in Adobe programs are developed by one team, getting the Photoshop and other teams to buy into the idea might be tough.

But, there is this page, where you can officially send in the feature request:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a long time ago, and since then Flash Pro was rewritten as a 64 bit app. Also, the panels in Adobe programs are developed by one team, getting the Photoshop and other teams to buy into the idea might be tough.

But, there is this page, where you can officially send in the feature request:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Colin, I will send in the feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's never going to happen. The reason the properties panel uses a vertical layout is so it's trivial to customize it to each kind of object-- you just have to stack subcategories and the dialog grows downward as needed. I don't see how it's even possible to adapt that sort of approach to a horizontal layout.

Personally I'd rather the Animate team direct their energy to fixing bugs and implementing missing features than adding a redundant, alternate interface mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines